Chapter Twenty-Six.

Ansela unlocked her car door,opened the door,settled in the driver seat before closing the door. She inserted the key and turned on the ignition. It was when she was about to pull out of the parking lot that her phone began to ring.

A grin tugged at her lips when she saw William's name on the screen. So he finally decided to call her after switching his phone off for three days.

She considered ignoring his call to give him the taste of his own medicine but thought the better of it. Who knows maybe Ella had been driving him bonkers all this while.

She giggled at the thought of William pleading to her to release him of his promise to her. On the fourth ring,Ansela connected the phone to the car ,then picked it.

"If it isn't our very own smart Will,who else would it be?" She said in a teasing tone,as she pulled out of the parking lot.

"Annie," he sounded distressed,which instantly alerted Ansela.

Before he even spoke up,Annie knew that something was wrong. "What happened to make you sound like this?"

"Is Ella back in Philly?"

Annie frowned at her phone. "No,she is in Maldives too. Why do you ask?"

"Annie,I am serious. Please don't joke around," his tone bordered on desperate. "Are you certain that she is not in Philly?"

"Will,if this is a way of getting back at us for setting you guys up like that,then it's not funny. I would apologize if you want me to,but please stop scaring me."

"Annie,I am not jokingI mean every word."

"What are you trying to say?" Ansela slowed down for the traffic light. "That--"

"Ella is gone."

Ansela felt as if the breath have been knocked out of her. Her fingers tightened around the wheels and her eyes went wide.

"Y-you-you are joking right? This is a joke right?"

"No Annie,I mean it,"

Ansela froze in her seat at what was coming next.

"She is missing."

~*~*~*~*~

"If I get what you are saying,Miss Milestone just disappeared into thin air?" Detective Clarkson,one of the most well known detectives in the uptown police department, asked them with a look of disbelief on his face.

William,who was sitting on the chair in front of the desk in the detective office,exchanged glances with Cassie,Kaden, and Ansela before nodding.

"This is impossible!" Detective Clarkson slammed his hands on his desk making everyone jump.

Ansela placed a reassuring hand on William's shoulder to let him know that he was not alone.

Ever since he returned to Philly three days ago,he was restless. William and Kaden hired several detectives to search every island they could find in Maldives and even went as far as printing a poster,claiming that whoever finds her would receive a sum of Twenty-five million dollars and one of the Mckade estate uptown.