Chapter 22: The Feeling is Mutual

Daniella Campbell

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't know how long I've been staring at John's Amber eyes and him staring at my black ones.

I can count the seconds in my mind but it felt like my world came to a complete stop.

As if this moment is just a part of my dream.

"How come? Don't you have a girlfriend?" I asked,

"I broke up with her. Three days ago.. or was it four days, I don't know!" He replied, with nervousness in his eyes.

I feel pretty nervous too.

"Why?" I asked sheepishly, even if I know the reason is because HE *probably* already knows about Annie's affairs with other guys.

John Williams

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stared at her and my throat is drying up.

There's this huge ball of fear and love trying to stop me from saying what I wanted to tell her.

"She.. cheated on me. You know that, don't you? That's why you punched her.." I replied.

"Mmm, yeah." She nodded.

Her messy hair is still beautiful in my sight.

I don't know if I am going crazy.

Just one month ago, I am dreading on how to make my relationship with Annie and hers possible.

I was afraid that I might lose Annie and I never knew I would come across Daniella in my life.

Daniella went towards me with her hands on her back and said,

"Please stop making me expect. Don't joke with me things like that.."

"I'm not!" I replied,

"Then tell me why you like me.." She blushed as she looked on the floor, rubbing her slippers on the slippery floor.

I gulped, Why does she want to know?

She doesn't like me back, right?

Besides, this is all just a game to her.

Why is she interested?

I decided to still tell her so that I can already make things clear.

Daniella Campbell

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm getting uncomfortable and I don't know what to do right now.

I wanted to jump and do cartwheels everywhere but then that would be unladylike.

I stared at the floor, blushing, biting my lower lip to prevent myself from smiling.

Then he hugged me, this hug is different from before.

It feels genuine, natural and real.

It feels like we're not pretending anymore.

"Just so you know, I hugged you because I'll tell you why I love you and not let you see my embarrassed face at the same time." He said.

It kind of made me want to laugh but I controlled myself.

I didn't hug him back because I was startled, frozen and I can't move.

I felt his hot breathe escape my neck as he sighed deeply.

John Williams

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~