Chapter 34: A Very Complicating News

Daniella Campbell

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been two weeks since I last talked to John.

Only a week more after the end of our contract but I don't see why I have to care anymore.

I haven't received any news from him either and I didn't bother.

He must be enjoying the company of his girlfriend.

Maybe that *incident* doesn't even matter to him.

I can't believe I'm such a fool!

To be so foolish in giving in to that guy..

Not to mention my virginity!

How could I miss that?!

"Miss Campbell, a package arrived for you." One of my bodyguards said.

Package? From who?

Why am I expecting that it was from John?

No way. No way in hell that could ever happen!

I took out the awfully heavy white box and closed my door.

There's a card attached to it and so it reads,

"Salutations!"

This greeting only meant one thing.

This is from nobody else but my father.

I continued reading it so that I would know what this *package* is all about.

"Tonight at 8pm sharp, I ordered a limo to pick you up. The press will be hectic today so expect the paparazzi crowding infront of your house. You must NOT speak to any of them. They would just throw you questions. The box contains your evening gown. If you want more details, I suggest you open the telly right now and change the channel to the news."

I opened the lid of the box and saw the very expensive looking black one-shoulder satin long gown.

There's also gold hoop earrings and gold bangles to match.

There's also a black clutch and a pair of Gucci gold heels. I turned on the television and my jaw dropped.

I dialed speed dial 2 because mom's number 1.

***beep***

Dad: Hello?

Me: What the hell is wrong with you?! What engagement party?! What are you saying that all of your clients are there! What is the meaning of this-

I'm not yet done yakking on the phone when dad interrupted.

Dad: Honey, isn't it clear enough? You're going to the engagement party tonight. If I were you, I will be finishing the last touches. It's an hour before your big party.

Me: I didn't want this! This party you say?! I didn't even know anything about this! I don't even to be a part of it! You old man! Screw you!

Dad: Daniella! Watch your words! How dare you talk to me like that?! I don't remember raising such a disrespectful child! Whatever you say, you will follow my orders! You will get engaged and you will get married next week! Are you clear?!

Me: No! I don't mean to be disrespectful but if I am then I apologize. You are just about to sell your daughter's feelings to someone you barely know! Aren't you worried?

Dad: By all means Daniella! The Valencias are all good people-

Me: Just because they're rich doesn't mean they're good people!