Chapter 37: This is Goodbye

Daniella Campbell

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Daniella!" Mom gasped.

"What?" I said, rubbing my eyes.

"Your father!"

"What? What happened?" I said.

I went near his bed and his fingers were trying to move.

Mom rejoiced and dashed out of the room screaming,

"Doctor! Doctor!"

"Daddy, you're fine now." I smiled.

Dad, who was still trying to open his eyes, was trying to tell me something but I don't know what.

The doctor wearing a white coat rushed in and my mom's face filled with glee.

The doctor, who looks like he's in his fourties, pointed the stethoscope on dad's chest for a few times and smiled.

"Looks like you're father is fine." He reported.

He wrote something on a piece of paper that looked like an awful lot of vitamins.

He tore off the page from his notebook and gave it to mom.

"These are the prescribed vitamin capsules for your dad. Also, please avoid making him eat fatty foods like the skins of chicken and the oils of butter. I will also advice you to make sure he eats plenty of vegetables and exercise daily. No stress for him. Make sure he doesn't get too depressed or too angry. It might trigger his arteries and block the circulation of blood. It's a good news, M'am because your husband will be discharged tomorrow."

"Thank you, doc." My mom replied.

The doctor smiled then left the room.

Mom took the torn page and kissed dad on the forehead.

"You take care of your dad first, alright? I am going to buy his vitamins." Mom said, kissing me on the forehead as well.

I nodded my head to show affirmation and she left the room.

I kissed dad's hand and this big tube was attached to his mouth.

He is breathing heavily but I can read in his eyes that he is trying to tell me something.

"Don't worry dad, I'll marry Arnold." I smiled.

He didn't respond and his forehead creased.

I tucked the blanket on him to cover him up and said,

"Just rest first."

He closed his eyes and finally slept.

Something hit me, a realization probably.

If I have to choose between the man I love and the man who raised me, of course I would pick the man who raised me.

That's because he loved me before I even met John.

He provided for my needs when I was still clueless in my surroundings.

That's why, I can't exchange him for my affections for John.

It's a different case.

*Ring* *Ring*

(opens phone)

Incoming Call: John Williams ❤

---Call Ended---

I don't know why him, calling me already made me smile.

Maybe it's because I never knew I was *that* pathetic before to put a heart after his name in my contacts list.

I miss him.