Sleeping Mateo

"4 am. Finally." Lucina said and got dressed. As she went downstairs she turned to the kitchen and stopped in her tracks, "Mateo? Did you fall asleep trying to get a glass of water? Mateo? Hello? I'm talking to you." Lucina shook Mateo and he didn't even move a little

"Mateo? Mateo! Oh, forget about my daily exercises. Mateo needs help."

Lucina carried Mateo outside and was thinking about heading to the palace until she realized something, "Oh. I'm never going to make it there in time. You better be glad your a nerdy and small type of guy, Mateo. Or else my life would be difficult."

"Hey, Lucina." A voice called out.

"Skylar. Migs. Luna." Lucina smiled at the sight of the jaquins.

"What are you doing dragging Mateo around at this hour?" Migs asked.

"Mateo is not waking up. I found him asleep in the kitchen and...I'm worried about him. He's my big brother. I need help." Lucina said as tears began to form.

"Hey, don't cry, kid. We'll help you." Migs said.

"Really? Thank you." Lucina said in relief.

"Now, where are you heading?" Luna asked as Lucina hopped on.

"The palace," Lucina said and they started flying towards the palace, "Oh. I hope Elena or her friends can help. Or maybe some of Mateo's spell books."

"Maybe. But, we won't know until we get there. Come on." Skylar said.

The jaquins soon landed on Elena's balcony.

"Why are we on Elena's balcony?" Lucina asked.

"Because we know she'll let us in." Skylar said knocking on the balcony door.

"Coming!" Elena said.

"See." Skylar said.

"Good morning. Oh. Lucina." Elena gasped when she saw Mateo in Lucina's arms.

"Elena, I need help. Mateo...he won't wake up." Lucina cried.

"Oh. Come in, Lucina." Elena said.

Lucina cried and covered her face, "You have to help me, Elena. I can't lose Mateo."

"I'll help you. Now, tell me what happened."

"I woke up this morning, went into the kitchen, and found him lying on the floor." Lucina said.

"That's it?" Elena asked.

"Yeah. I'm scared, Elena." Lucina said.

"Don't worry. Maybe if we find another person who's good with magic and..."

"Wait. I know somebody." Lucina jumped at of her seat and they sent a message to the one another person who can help them out.

"I got the message. What do you want me to do?" Renato asked.

"We need help to know if Mateo's ok." Lucina said.

"Ok. Renato is on the job. The sorcerer you can count on."

"Thanks."

Renato examined Mateo closely with a spell and when he was done he told them, "He's only asleep. Something or someone is putting Mateo to sleep and their not letting him wake up."

"Who would do something like..." Lucina was cut off by the sound of glass breaking downstairs.

"Elena, stay in your room. We have an intruder in the palace." Gabe said and locked the door.

"An intruder?" Renato said.

Lucina gasped and saw something move in the shadows, "Guys, I saw something move in the shadows."

The trio looked in the shadows and saw a man dressed in a black wizard's robe and had a creepy smile on his face that no one has ever seem before...