The Pie

The teen soon met again to check each other's progress.

Mateo sighed, "Did you guys find her?"

"Nope. Sorry, Mateo." Naomi answered with sympathy.

"Where could that girl be?"

"In here!" Lucina called and giggled.

"Lucina? Where were you?" Mateo asked and held his sister in his arms.

"Yeah. You nearly gave your brother a heart attack here." Gabe said.

"Ok, Lucina, what happened?" Mateo asked in a firm voice.

"Uh..." Lucina trailed off figuring what to say to her brother.

"That wasn't the answer we were looking for."

"He...took me to the tippy top of the castle. He...wanted to say good-bye. To me."

"Wait, that's it? He kidnapped you just to say good-bye? I'm never going to understand him, am I?" Mateo said and chuckled the last sentence.

"Nope." Lucina answered.

As the week flew by, they plan the ball to help raise money for the orphans . When the day came, it was a smashing success. But, something felt a little suspicious at the ball to Lucina. She noticed a strange pie just sitting there on the table. She looked around to see if anyone was looking, and grabbed the pie and took it to her brother's workshop.

"Ok. A strange pie at a ball to raise money for orphans. Totally not strange." Lucina sarcastically muttered to herself and got out a knife to cut the pie.

"Hey, Lucina." Leonel waved from inside the pie.

"What? Leonel." Lucina gasped in surprise.

"I told you you would see me sooner than expected. And FYI: don't eat the pie. That's actually a crystal ball sort of thing. It helps me communicate with other people."

"Yeah. Totally not strange."

"Admit it. It's strange. But, it was the only thing I could use to communicate to you without getting caught."

"Caught? What do you mean?" 

"My people will kill me if they found out that I'm talking to you. I just need to give you a few heads up. One I'm your guardian."

"Guardian​? What do you mean?"

"Is that the only question you are going to ask? But, I'm almost like your personal guard who happens to not be able to guide or protect you."

"Yup. That makes sense."

"Also, like I said before, you cannot tell anyone about me. And I'm going to give you a few things for this dangerous mission that you might need in the future."

Lucina stared with a puzzled look on her face and a bag appeared right in front of her face. Lucina beams, "These inventions are so cool. So...what does that make me? A super wizard?"

Leonel chuckled softly and answered, "No. But..."

"LEONEL!!!" A deep voice yelled from the back ground.

"What's going on..." Lucina trailed off before even finishing her question.

"I can't talk now. But, I'll see you real soon. I promise." Leonel quickly and quietly said and turned the pie turned black.

Lucina breathed fast like she was about to have a heart attack. She still had many questions for Leonel and what might happen. 

That night, she couldn't sleep very well. She worried about what might happen to Leonel. She also panicked about the safety of her family and friends, and with that deep and monstrous voice in the background, he must be a big threat.

She knew that it wasn't right to keep secrets from her loved ones, especially if they can help. But, this situation seemed big. It seemed like she might have to do this on her own...