The Many Ways to Unhex Your Friends

Renato ran to his house and his father stopped him in his tracks.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, son. What's the hurry?" His dad asked.

Renato was almost like a younger version of his dad but the only difference was that Renato had blue streaks in his hair which came from his mom.

"I'm trying to save my friends." Renato said quickly.

"You finally have friends? But, what's the problem?"

"You see my friend, Lucina..."

"Is Lucina a girl?"

Renato blushed at the question.

"Yes. I mean... we're not dating or anything like that. She's just my friend who I really care about."

"Ok. But, remember this that you still have to find the one." His dad said giving Renato the look that explained it all to him.

The night Renato sneaked in to see Lucina, he has been trying to tell her about how his father really wants him to get engaged to someone. Though, Renato hasn't had the heart to tell his best friend that, so he thinks that for now he should keep this a secret.

Renato entered his​ room and searched for his spell book and soon found it under his bed. He soon ran back to the palace and started flipping through the pages.

"What's that?" Elena asked.

"It's a spell book full of hexes. My mom gave it to me on my fifth birthday, but I never wanted anything to do with it until now." Renato explained and soon found a sleeping spell.

"What does it say?" Naomi asked struggling to read the words which was in another language.

"Well, there's no real answer to it. I mean there's a spell and a potion. But, there's also true love's kiss and to scare them. Either that or hurt them. Or maybe we can try getting some kind of rock...wait no. But, there's also..."

Gabe soon cut Renato off and said, "Ok! So, there's many ways to break the spell, but the real question is... Which one do we choose?"

"Great question and the answer is... I have no clue," Renato looked at Lucina and sighed deeply as he turned to the clock, "We need to hurry. We only have 4 hours left."

"Well," Elena started, "which one should we use to unhex our friends."

"Hm...maybe we should try the spell. It doesn't look that complicated."

"Ok, let's try it." Elena beamed.

Renato pulled out his wand and said, "Zamzola!"

Once he casted the spell nothing happened.

"Nothing happened." Naomi said.

"Just give it a minute... You're right. Nothing happened."

"Well, we still have time. Let's try the other methods." Elena suggested.

And they did. One by one they tried almost all the methods they could in the book to wake their sleeping friends. They soon had only one other option.

Renato sighed dramatically and said, "Well, I'm going in."

"Explain." Gabe questioned him.

"I'm entering...dun, dun, dun.... The Unknown." Renato said jestering to the de Alvas.

"Wait, wait, wait. You're going to go inside their dreams? Like inside their minds?" Naomi asked.

"Yes. My mom taught me a spell that allows me to enter the human mind. Mainly, to either scare them or give them a fair warning but...you get the point." Renato soon stopped in his tracks and thought of something.

"Do you have something else in mind?" Elena asked.

"Scare them. I'm going to scare them. All I need are a few potion ingredients and...wait it'll never work. Unless...who wants to come with me into their minds?" Renato asked with excitement coloring his tone.

"I'm out. Only because that's very creepy and an invasion of privacy." Naomi said.

"Elena?" Renato asked hoping she would say yes.

"Sure. Their my friends and I would do anything for them." Elena answered.

"Great. Just give me a few minutes and I'll be ready with the potion."

"We really have to hurry. We only have less than thirty minutes to wake them up."

"I know. And I'm going to get right to it."

Renato took only five minutes to create the potion he needed. He and Elena soon jumped into the two wizard siblings's heads and ran as fast as they could to find their friends...