A Little Secret

"Where am I?" Lucina asked.

"We are on the roof of the Avaloran castle." Leonel said.

"What?"

"It's a nice view, isn't it?"

Lucina started to struggle from his grip and asked, "What you want from me?"

"Nothing. I just want to give you a little warning."

"Warning? About what?"

"Full of questions, aren't you, young girl."

"I know because...ha, ha. YOU KIDNAPPED ME!" Lucina sarcastically said and yelled at him.

"For your safety. I came to give you a test."

"A test? What do you mean?"

"To see how well you can survive in a world full of dangerous people and who have a motive to destroy you." Leonel said in a voice Lucina never recognized coming from someone who acts like the Cheshire Cat. He almost sounded serious.

"Explain."

"Dark times are heading for your kingdom. They are heading for you."

"Me? Why?"

"I was actually sent here to take you to my people. They are planning to do something terrible to you that I, personally, do not want to get involved in. They keep on saying you are the key to some sort of plan."

"Leonel, you're scaring me."

"I'm warning you. I... I care about you. Now, be careful. Do not tell anyone that I had this conversation with you."

"What about my brother? Or his friends?"

"I'm sorry but, if you let the people you care about into this...he will try to use them for his plan."

"Who's he?"

"The one who wants you. Now stay safe. And remember...not everything is what it appears to be."

Lucina almost didn't recognize who she was talking to. She almost felt bad that he was probably living with a lot of bad guys or something.

"Leonel," Lucina said trying to say one last thing to him, "is this good-bye?"

Leonel smiled at her. This time it wasn't a creepy grin like the other times he smiled, instead it was more of a caring kind of smile.

He then answered, "No. If this was good-bye I would have said it. I'll see you sooner than expected. After all, I am a wild card."

As he finished his last words to her he disappeared like the Cheshire Cat. Lucina soon noticed that she was back in Elena's room and knew that everyone was probably looking for her but...she thought she should just stay put in case they give up.