Are You Sure This Isn't the Wizard of Oz?

"Why are we in shock?" Lucina asked.

"Wait. You don't know who they are?" Mateo whispered.

Lucina shook her head, "I was just trying to make you not feel lonely."

"They look like Gabe's parents. Why..." Mateo was cut off by the same booming voice.

"Who are you two?" The king asked.

"We're..." Mateo trailed off thinking about what whether or not he should tell them their real names.

"Hansel and Gretel. I'm...Gretel he's Hansel. Our...Parents left us in the woods? And we're lost in this... Beautiful kingdom of yours." Lucina lied.

Mateo slapped his hand into his face and muttered under his breath, "We're doomed."

"Well, then, we are going to ask you to do a quick task." The king said.

"Say what now?" Lucina asked.

"Our son, Gabe..." The king started.

"Hold it," Lucina said and grabbed a glass of water and spitted it out in shock, "What?! What's your son's name?"

"Gabe. Can I continue?"

Lucina tried to act cool, "You can, your majesty."

"Thank you. Our son Gabe has been a little...Different during the past couple of days. We want you to find him and ask him if there's nothing wrong. Now go. That's an order." The king said.

"Yes, sir." Lucina said and walked next to her brother, "So...How are we going to find Gabe?"

"Good question. So...If he's anything like the Gabe we know I just might know where to look....You ok?"

Lucina just stared into complete space and didn't responded.

"Lucina? Lucina? You ok?" Mateo stopped in his tracks and shook Lucina, " Hello. Earth to Lucina. Lucina! Snap out of it."

"Oh. Huh?" Lucina said and looked at Mateo.

"Why didn't you answer me?" Mateo said with concern. He tried his best not to show it but he was worried.

"I'm fine. Why did you ask?"

"You seem a little...Off."

Lucina shrugged and asked, "Where do you think Gabe is?"

"If I'm correct he's probably outside."

"Ok."

They went outside and looked everywhere. Lucina soon spotted someone in the distance.

"Mateo, I think I see...Oh." Lucina trailed off as she knew it would break her brother's heart.

"You found...Gabe..." Mateo saw what Lucina was seeing. Gabe and Elena. Together.

Gabe and Elena looked happy together and Lucina soon saw a drop of water fall from the sky. She looked up and saw tears in her brother's eyes.

"Mateo. Are you ok?" Lucina asked with sympathy and rubbed his arm to comfort him.

Mateo dried his tears to cover up his pain and answered, "I'm fine."

"You don't look, sound, or act fine."

"Lucina...What do you think of me?"

"What?"

"What do you think of me? You know, as more than just your brother. What do you think of me?"

"Do you want my honest opinion?"

"Just... I can handle it."

"I think your nerdy, a geek, a bookworm, and a goodie goodie."

"Really?"

"Yes. But, I mean it in a good way. Sorta. But, Mateo, remember this is just a dream." Lucina said, twiddling her fingers.

Mateo sighed and said, "Lets go and get Gabe."

Lucina stared at him and wondered if he was going to be ok. She ran after him and followed right behind.

"Prince Gabe?" Mateo said.

"Oh. Who are you?" Gabe asked.

"I'm Mat...ow," Mateo said as Lucina jabbed her elbow in his rib cage and squeaked, "Hansel. And this is Gretel."

"Like Hansel and Gretel?"

"Totally." Lucina said.

"Your father sent us. He wants to know why you've been acting differently." Mateo said.

"My father sent you? Ugh. I guess we'll have to see each other later, Lieutenant Elena." Gabe said.

"Lieutenant Elena?" Mateo and Lucina stared at each other and started wondering.

"Yeah." Elena said and started walking off with Gabe.

"Wait," Lucina blocked Gabe's path, "Are you two dating?"

"We are. In secret though." Gabe said, quietly.

"Why?"

"My father would never approve of me dating the Lieutenant."

"And," Elena added, "I can be thrown in prison just for dating the prince."

"Maybe we can help you."

"How? Gabe's father is strict on what can and what can't happen. I'm just... " Elena almost started complaining until Lucina shushed her.

"You are part of the royal guard! The king might approve if he knows that you can protect his son. Gabe, all you have to do is just confess to your parents on how much you...Love her. It's​ better than just hiding it forever because sooner or later your parents could find out or worse...Arrange an engagement."

Gabe stared at the ground and was thinking about what he should do, "Maybe you're right. It's better than getting my heart broken because of an engagement or something."

Gabe and Elena walked off and Mateo and Lucina followed behind and was only two feet behind.

Mateo turned to his sister and stared at her to get her attention.

Lucina noticed and asked, "What?!" In an annoyed voice.

"Just....Since when have you become a love expert?" Mateo questioned.

"I read a lot of romantic novels. They are so heart breaking. And I had a business stand in San Rico called 'Lucina's Love Problem Stand. Make sure to schedule an appointment with the love doctor.' I made lots of money but...Since I was so young and dumb I spent it all on brussel sprouts."

"Brussel sprouts? Why?"

Lucina looked at him in shock, "I am shocked, Mateo. For your information I love brussel sprouts. I mean they look so adorable. It's like baby cabbages."

"Weirdo​. When I was little I hated brussel sprouts. Can we change the subject?"

Lucina pretended to think hard, "Sure. Are we in the Wizard of Oz?"

"Why are you asking?"

"Because everyone's faces keep showing up in this dream."

"This isn't the Wizard of Oz."

"Are you sure this isn't the Wizard of Oz?"

"Yes. Now, come on we have to talk to the king and queen."

"Ok." Lucina pouted.

As they entered the hall towards the throne room everyone's heart started racing and the only way for them to get what they want was to take a risk...