Midnight

"Mateo, it's almost midnight. Do you think Elena and the others found a way to wake us up?" Lucina asked holding tightly around Mateo.

"I don't know," Mateo sighed, "But, I know that they never give up. So, don't worry."

"I hope you're right."

"Of course I'm right. I've known them for quite a while."

Elena and Renato soon enter the same woods as Mateo and Lucina, wondering where they could be.

"So, how's that potion going to work?" Elena asked to stop the silence.

"Well," Renato hesitated to tell the princess what the potion could do but finally said, "It's suppose to scare them."

"I know but how? What's suppose to happen?"

Renato started nervously laughing and answered, "Let's just say it's something you do not want to see and move on."

"Wait, what?"

"It's a... it's an illusion potion. To scare them, all I have to do is open the potion, wait five seconds, and then the potion will and hopefully scare them awake."

"Is it going to affect us?"

"Yes. It can," Renato answered but quickly said to recover, "But, not if we look away. So, just look away and we'll be fine."

"Ok, good."

Mateo and Lucina, in the darker parts of the woods, soon came to a dead end.

Lucina nervously chuckled as she said, "Wow, a dead end. In a forest. It kinda reminds me of how we're going to end up. A dead end!"

"You're just being cynical."

"No, it's called being right. Mateo, open your eyes! It's only five minutes before midnight." Lucina said, grumpily.

"Well, someone seem a little grumpy," Mateo sighed and mumbled the rest, "I better tell Mom to never let her stay up before midnight."

"Hello? Lucina!" A familiar voice faintly said in the distance.

"Mateo? Are you here?" Another voice said.

"Elena?" Mateo said feeling both confused and happy.

"Just Elena?" Lucina grinned.

Mateo blushed lightly and stammered, "We-well..I meant to say...well...you see...Oh!" Mateo said putting his face in his hands to cover up the embarrassment.

Lucina laughed lightly and chuckled, "Come on, lover boy."

"Lucina! Mateo! I'm so glad we finally found you two. I have a potion that wake you two up..."

"Do we drink it? I'm thirsty and I don't like water." Lucina interrupted.

Renato laughed softly saying, "No. I'll just open the bottle and you'll wake up."

"Ok, what's in the bottle?" Mateo carefully said.

"Mateo, we have no time for this. Renato, open the bottle." Lucina said quickly.

Renato opened the bottle and he and Elena both covered their eyes. They couldn't see what was happening but they heard loud screaming coming from both Mateo and Lucina. When they opened their eyes they were back in Elena's room saw that the de Alvas were awake and looked shocked.

"They're awake. And it's only one minute before midnight." Gabe said.

"But, they look a bit shaken up. What was in the potion?" Naomi asked suspiciously.

"We were suppose to scare them and...in the potion I may or may not have summoned some kind of ancient and dangerous dragon to scare them." Renato answered nervously.

"You did what?"

"Why did you have to use some kind of scary monster to frighten the two to death?" Gabe asked.

"At least their awake." Renato said and as he finished his sentence a pillow came flying and hit his face, "Who did that?"

"Me," Lucina answered, "I hate you, Renato. Why do you have to scare the life out of me?!"

"It was either give you a night mare or...you disappear. And I can't lose you."

"Aw. That's very sweet of you." Lucina smiled making Renato blush deep red.

Everyone's relief and happiness started to fade away as they heard a familiar voice.

"Way to go, you amazing teens. And so the day is saved by the good guys." Leonel grinned.

Mateo quickly motioned for Lucina to get behind him and grabbed his tamborita on the side table. Elena grabbed her scepter and Renato pulled out his wand.

Gabe pulled hi sword out and asked, "How did you get out of the dungeons? That place has high security."

"I'm special. And, please, put those weapons and wands of yours down. I'm on the good side. Trust me."

"What makes you think we'd trust you?!" Lucina blurted out.

As Leonel slowly started walking up to Lucina, Mateo pointed his tamborita and said, "Take another step closer to my sister and you will be sorry."

"What? What makes you think I'd ever hurt Lucina? I just need a one on one talk. Not a one on one and big brother talk." Leonel finished off in a mocking voice why made Mateo red in anger.

With the snap of his fingers, Leonel disappeared with Lucina into the night.

"Lucina! Oh no. I can't lose her. What if she.." Mateo panicked and hoped nothing happens to his little sister.

"Don't worry, Mateo. We'll get Lucina back." Elena said in an encouraging voice.

"Ok. Let's split up and try to find them." Mateo said trying to sound brave.

"Right. Renato..." Elena trailed off when she noticed that the young sorcerer was gone, "Or he could find her himself...So, Gabe and Naomi you two look inside the palace. Mateo and I will search outside the palace."

"Sounds like a plan. Let's go." Gabe said​ and him and Naomi raced out into the hall way.

As Mateo and Elena exit the palace and looked around, Mateo started to worry about his sister's well-being. He knows that what ever Leonel is planning to do with his little sister, he will stop him.