I'm Not Afraid

"Lucina!" Mateo grabbed her arm and watched the rabbit run off.

"Hey! I almost had him! Let me go!" Lucina said struggling from Mateo's grip.

"Sorry, Lucina, but you are going head over heels about this."

"Excuse me?"

Mateo shook his head and soon realized something, "Uh...How did we get here?"

"Good question. So, let's get out of here. Um...Which way did we come from?" Lucina asked.

"I think...No...um. I have no idea."

"Are you saying we're lost!?" Lucina gasped.

"Pretty much."

"We're lost. We're lost in a dark forest! A dark, dark forest! Oh!" Lucina whined.

Mateo raised an eyebrow and asked, "Are you ok?"

"Yeah. Totally. What...What makes you ask that?"

"You seem a little...Off."

"Off? Me? I'm never off. Or a little cooky. I'm fine." Lucina laughing very creepily.

"Lucina, you're scaring me..."

"Scaring? Ha, ha. Good one, Mateo," Lucina quickly paused as she heard the bushes move, "Ah! It's the Jabberwocky!"

"The Jabber-what now?" Mateo said trying to stay balanced as Lucina grabbed his shoulders.

What came out of the bushes was a small, green frog.

Mateo laughed, "Is this your Jabberwocky?"

"No. I like frogs."

"Then, what is a Jabberwocky?"

"Are you kidding me? The Jabberwocky was from Alice in Wonderland where she has to face her destiny, which is fighting the Jabberwocky, to return home."

"Ok. You need to stop reading fairy tales and should start reading something educational."

"Boring. I mean...Oh!"

"What are you whining about now?"

Lucina whined in a high voice, "The woods just got darker! I want to go home! I don't want the Jabberwocky to eat me! Oh!"

"Wait. You're scared of the dark?" Mateo asked.

"Wwhhaattt? No. I'm not afraid. I love...The dark. With creatures that can eat me! Oh!" Lucina started crying, "Does it show?"

"Pretty much. But, don't cry. All of this is...Just an illusion."

"Your right. It is. Just..." Lucina trailed off at the sound of something flying across the air.

She soon saw that something was a blow dart that hit Mateo and he soon passed out.

"Mateo? What just happened​?" Lucina heard another dart and dodged it and saw that someone was in the bushes watching.

"Who are you!?" Lucina asked and he came up to her, "I better be glad I can do karate."

As Lucina fought him she remembered that in the orphanage she always had to fight the other kids for food. As soon as she won she looked at the mysterious guy.

"I'm not trying to get hit with a blow dart today, buddy." Lucina said with a grin and heard another blow dart that hit her shoulder, "Or maybe I am getting hit with a blow dart today." And passed out as well.

Lucina soon felt something shaking her and woke up hitting the mysterious figure in the nose.

"Ow!" Mateo said.

"Oh. I thought you were a bad guy." Lucina said with her eyes as big as saucers.

"The least you could do is say sorry." Mateo said massaging his nose.

"Fine." Lucina said staring at Mateo.

"What are you..." Mateo trailed off as he looked at her eyes. He noticed that her eyes would drift apart from each other, "Um...Lucina. Are you ok?"

"Yeah," Lucina said shaking her head, "What was it? Why are you staring?"

"What just happened with your eyes?"

"What eyes?"

"Ok, don't play..." Mateo heard the dungeon door open and looked behind himself​.

"The King and Queen would like to have a word with you." A guard said.

The two followed the guard and entered the throne room.

"Mateo, why does this throne room look so familiar?" Lucina asked.

"Good question. It looks like..." Mateo was cut short by a booming voice.

As they looked up they were shocked at what the queen and king looked like...