8 • 여덟

Day 4: In the afternoon

"Alright everyone! You have until sundown to find the hidden objects that are written on you list! The first pair of roommates to comeback first doesn't have to do dishes later" Johnny said as he looked at all the teams.

Hanbin and Seungcheol stood far apart from each other which made Johnny mentally shake his head. "And go!" Coach Oh yelled then all of them started running off.

"Cmon lets go" Seungcheol plainly said and Hanbin followed behind him. Most of the pairs ran past Seungcheol and Hanbin along the way Hanbin found a few of the items.

"Here hold the list" Seungcheol took the items from her and handed her the list. They kept walking around the forest searching for more items. For the past four days of this bonding trip Hanbin and Seungcheol haven't cleared things up with one another.

Hours pasted by and the two only found half of the items on their list "I see something on that branch!" Hanbin ran to the edge of the cliff and saw the item dangling on the branch.

She got down on her knees and tried to reach for it "Yah! Be careful!" Seungcheol yelled

Hanbin ignored him and reached a bit more slowly moving her body forward "I got- AHH!" Her hand slipped causing Hanbin to fell over the edge.

"YAH! HOLD ON!" Seungcheol yelled grabbing her wrist before she could fall straight down

Hanbin's leg ended up hitting one of the branches causing to make a tear on her jeans and cutting her. Seungcheol pulled her up all the way using every single bit of strength he had.

Once he successfully pulled her up the both of them fell to the ground while Hanbin winced in pain.

"YAH! ARE YOU INSANE YOU COULD'VE- your leg.." Seungcheol stopped his yelling and looked at her leg.

He quickly took off his sweatshirt and wrapped it around her leg. Hanbin tried getting up but was stopped by Seungcheol helping her up.

"Hop on. This stupid hunt is done" he said and bent forward. She slowly jumped onto his back and he secured his grip on Hanbin so she would fall.

"D-do you know the way back?" Hanbin asked
"Yeah.." he started walking back towards the camp; the sun started setting which meant darkness approached the two.

"Looks like we have find a shelter..I think I saw a little cave earlier" Seungcheol said and changed directions.

"Okay.." once they found the cave Seungcheol was talking about he set Hanbin down on the rock and gathered some sticks.

It was silent between the two Hanbin quietly watched as Seungcheol started a fire.

"There this will keep us warm.," he sat in front of the fire. The crackling of the fire was the only thing heard along with the sounds of the wind.

"Are you..okay?" Seungcheol asked

"Why do you care? Your just pretending to be nice since you saved me" Seungcheol sighed and threw another stick in the fire.

"Are you kidding me? After I saved your damn life..you know I should've just let you fall!" He yelled.

"You should've! So I would be out of this misery!" She yelled back almost about to cry
"Everyday I pray to be taken out of this life I have! It's so hard..." she whispered the last part

Seungcheol suddenly felt the anger wash away then a pain in his chest seeing Hanbin like that and with the words she said.

The past days of the team bonding Seungcheol noticed as the days go by he learns something new about her.

Like the day before he learned that Hanbin likes to compose her own music since they were under room arrest since they argued during the game which caused them to lose.

The whole time the two discussed what type of music they like which somewhat made the tension between them lessen.

"What about Johnny...your parents.." he asked

"They're better off without me especially my mom..she doesn't even care what I do all she cares about is money" she said with a few tears coming down her face.

"Your dad?" Seungcheol felt himself soften at the sight of Hanbin crying "He died years ago..in a accident that made us come back to Korea." She sadly said.

"Everything has been so difficult ever since. I sometimes wonder if my dad didn't leave us would my life be like this? Where I'm used to get money?" That's when she broke down into tears.

Without hesitation Seungcheol got up and sat next to her with guilt taking over him
"I..I'm sorry..I never knew what your going through..I'm sorry" he pulled into a side hug and he stroked her hair.

The two ended up staying in that position until Hanbin calmed down "Hanbin.." Seungcheol called she turned and faced him.

"I am so sorry for what I've done and said to you..I didn't know you already had so much sh*t going on in your life and me bullying you and hurting you just made it worst. I know it's be hard for you to forgive me, but I hope you can...I learned that you're not the person I thought you were." he apologized while making eye contact.

"It's fine..may I ask why? Why do you hate me so much?" He hung his head low and took a deep breath. Seungcheol told Hanbin everything from start to finish he practically told her his story.

"So you hated me because I have a few things related to your sister?" He nodded and the fire went out due to the downpour of rain

"I know it sounds pathetic and childish... I hope we can start over?" He asked. "Sure. Let's put everything that's happened to us behind alright?" Hanbin said and they both shook hands.

"Man the others might be worried about us.."Hanbin suddenly said while Seungcheol nodded in agreement.

Back at the Cabin

"Yah!! Where are they?!" DK yelled as he looked out at the window. The others were freaking out that Hanbin and Seungcheol haven't returned from their hunt.

"I'm going out!" The8 yelled but was stopped by Jun "We can't leave its too dark plus its raining. We can't afford to lose somebody else" he said.

Everybody agreed on what Jun said and they waited for the rain to stop "Johnny hyung you seem pretty calm for the situation" Dino said.

"I'm trying my best to stay calm but really on the inside I'm dying" Johnny replied. There was no sign of the rain ever stopping so they all came to conclusion that they will start searching tomorrow when the rain ends.

"Hopefully they're both okay..." Coach Oh said

Meanwhile at the Cave...

"Yah...what if there's a beast here..."

"Seungcheol you're literally four years older than me and your acting like a little kid"