16 • 열여섯

Thursday

Since Hanbin's first two classes were canceled she stayed in her room getting ready to go to her third class.

Whilst changing her phone beeped with a message.

From Minghao (The8)
Um...why is there nobody in second period?

"Wow he finally spoke to me" Hanbin said as she read his text. Hanbin noticed that the day where Rocky took her out to the movies The8 wasn't being himself.

And from that day on the two haven't had a decent conversation like they did before.

To Minghao (The8)
Because class was canceled

She responded and grabbed her backpack placing Vernon's notebook inside making sure she doesn't forget it.

There was a knock on her door and she went over and opened it "Oh..Jeon Somi" she said as she saw Somi standing in front of her.

"Chungha unnie wants us to meet her in front of the office" she said and Hanbin nodded
"Wait let me get something" Hanbin went back and grabbed her laptop and placed it her bag.

She followed Somi out from the dormitories and to the office where a group of six girls were waiting."Ah Hanbin~ah! Long time no see!" One of the girls said while hugging Hanbin.

"Hi Doyeon" she smiled as she waved at the familiar faces which she hasn't seen in a while
"Alright Nayoung unnie already signed us up and all we need is re-learn our old choreo" Chungha said and everyone nodded.

"I was thinking we can meet at lunch and practice and also after school" she added all the other girls agreed besides Hanbin.

"Um is it okay I come the after school practice I promised a friend that I would help them during lunch" she asked

"Yeah it's fine, just meet us at the old dance room" Hanbin nodded then third period bell rang and the girls split ways.

While walking down the halls someone shouted Hanbin's name which stopped her tracks and turned around.

"Oh Mark, Ten" she said and two came running up to her "Hanbin you have third period 5B history right now right??" Mark asked and she nodded.

"Can you show hyung to the class? I gotta go before all the good seats are taken" Mark said then ran off. "Cmon let's go" She said to Ten and the walked up the stairs.

"I know I should've asked you this when you first came back, but how was you and Jaehyun's foreign exchange thing?" She asked while walking to the classroom.

Ten started telling stories about his and Jaehyun's trip to America as foreign exchange students "Didn't you get my snack box that I sent to Johnny give you?" Hanbin gave a confused look and shook her head.

"I'm guessing Johnny hyung ate them...how about I'll treat you out next week" Ten said and Hanbin agreed to it. When the two arrived in the class the lesson immediately started since there were lots of note taking.

Once the bell rang the whole classed dashed out and the teacher fell back in his seat and sighed "See ya later Hanbin" Ten said while they exited the classroom.

Hanbin nodded and headed to Seventeens hangout room hoping to find Vernon.
As she opened the door she was greeted with 13 smiles.

"Um if you guys don't mind..can I borrow Vernon?" She asked then Vernon stood up
"I'll see you guys later" Vernon said as he grabbed his stuff.

The two went out to the football field and sat at the bleachers "Have you eaten yet?" Vernon asked while Hanbin turned on her laptop.

"I don't eat lunch" she replied and took the notebook out. Before the both of them could start Vernon handed Hanbin a plastic container.

"What's this?" She asked

"My dad dropped by to give me lunch" he said and she opened the container.

"Wow these look good" Hanbin said and Vernon placed the other container back in his bag

"Hoshi hyung likes this so I'll save it for him. Go eat some kimbap" he said and she nodded.
While the two were eating Hanbin played the track and Vernon listened to it.

"This sounds amazing" Vernon said while his mouth was full. Hanbin smiled then she finished what she was eating before speaking.

"If you don't mind..I kinda recorded how it would sound like when you add the lyrics. I had my friend-Mark-help with the rap"

She searched for the track and handed him the headphones then played it for him. As Vernon was listening Hanbin waited anxiously as she waited to see what he had to say.

"You're a genius!! This sounds really good, you sing really nice!" Vernon yelled then Hanbin turned down the volume.

"You're yelling and thanks"she said then smiled. Hanbin searched in her backpack and took a white USB and plugged into the computer.

"I'll put both versions of the track for you and Woozi to listen to. Only Woozi can hear the track of me singing so he change the key" she said.

Once that was done the two just continued laughing and making stupid jokes with the occasional English phrases being exchanged.

"Yah you two, class is about to start" the two stopped their conversation and saw The8 standing there. "Okay hyung" Vernon said as he packed up.

The8 and Hanbin made eye contact and she gave a small smile before he smiled back "I'll see you later Hanbin" Vernon said before leaving Hanbin alone with The8.

The8 was about to leave but Hanbin stopped him by calling his name "The8, are you mad at me?" He turned around to face Hanbin.

"Hanbin I gotta go to class, so should you" The8 said and started walking away ignoring Hanbin's question.

The last two classes went by fast and Hanbin walked back to the dormitories. She changed out of her school uniform and into some dancing clothes and headed to the dance room.

As she was walking she passed by seventeen who was in the snack area once again
"Hanbin~ah" Hoshi called and she stopped and waved at them.

They were about to say something but her phone rang and she answered. The boys watched as she looked up and waved bye then ran off.

"I wonder where she's going to?" Dino asked