32 • 서른둘

A couple of months gone by and everyone was done  with their finals; which also meant it was time to say goodbye to the seniors. The remaining members of the basketball team attended their older friends graduation to cheer them on one by one. While the other members screamed out and cheered Hanbin sat on her chair and just watched as each boy walked across the stage. Once the ceremony was over they all rushed to go find their friends to congratulate and tackle them with hugs. Hanbin found her two brothers talking and walked over and pulled both them into hugs. "I love you guys." She said trying her best not tear up.

Papa Choi had invited everyone to a celebratory dinner. Their table was filled with laughter and joy as they celebrate the achievements of each boy. Papa Kwon told stories about Soonyoung like there was tomorrow which had everyone cracking up. After heading home Hanbin took a look around her new room. "I've always dreamed of seeing what your room would look like." Turning around she saw papa Choi standing at her door. "I promise it won't be too extreme." She said then took a look at the boxes in the corner.

"Seungcheol told me that you guys are gonna visit your mother tomorrow?" Hanbin nodded and let out a sigh. "Yeah, this a chapter in our lives thats coming to an end. Seungcheol oppa graduated and is now entering stage 2 of adulthood. Me, I'm going to be starting the next chapter by being a team captain and on the road to graduating. We want to start these chapters on a good note and as a new person." She explained then her father nodded before answering an incoming phone call "Also if Minghao wants to come over tell him that he doesn't have to sneak in." Her father said followed by a laugh afterwards.

-

After taking a shower and getting dressed Hanbin walked out to the living room where she saw Seungcheol waiting on the couch. "Ready?" She nodded then the both of them headed out to the prison center where their mother was placed at. The two exited the car with their hearts beating fast. Once they entered the facility they sat in the waiting room where they were told to sit at. Seungcheol placed his diploma on the table while Hanbin placed  the gift she brought. The police guard that ushered the two quickly ran back inside the room and whispered something into the other guard's ear then quickly ran off. "Whats going on?" Hanbin asked then the officer asked from them to leave the room.

As they walked outside the facility they saw an ambulance arrived and the medics soon came rushing in. After a few minutes the medics came out with a body laying on the stretcher. "Mom?!" The two said once they recognized that it was their mother being brought into the ambulance. "Mom!" Hanbin yelled and ran behind the medics. The police officer approached Seungcheol and requested the two to follow the ambulance. "We will explain the details at the ER." Seungcheol nodded then dragged Hanbin away from the ambulance and told her to quickly get in the car.

The two followed behind the ambulance and once they entered the hospital they were ushered by a nurse to as where they would have to wait. "Sir, what happened to our mother?" Hanbin asked the police officer that arrived at the hospital. "Your mother was found on her bed with a pair of scissors stabbed on her side. We're not fully sure on how this happened and who had done it. We currently have the cellmates being questioned and ctv footage being examined." Hanbin's hands began to shake and started to sweat as they waited to hear back from the doctors. After a few hours the doctor came out and the two siblings stood up.

"I'm sorry, but your mother did not make it. I'm very sorry...the wound was too deep and she lost a lot of blood. Based on the dry blood and amount of blood lost; it looks like this act was committed hours ago and possibly days ago." The doctor explained then hot streams of tears fell down Hanbin's face. Seungcheol's eyes watered up and held Hanbin close to him. "We ran a autopsy test which explains why it took us this long to report the news. We found that your mother suffered a few brain injuries and...that her private part was ruined and ripped from the inside. We're not sure if this was a suicide attempt or a staged one based on the autopsy." At the last sentence Hanbin's face turned pale at the thought of the action being committed.