Chapter 7

I'm In Love with a Plumber

Rule Number Seven:
Daydreaming about your boss is never a good thing,
Especially when you talk in your sleep.

oOo

Sakura threw herself onto the couch as soon as she came falling into the apartment, throwing her heels across the room and flinging her purse wherever it would land on its own. She couldn't give a rat's ass what her so-called roommate thought of her "lady-ness". She was too tired to give a care of what his impression of her could be. He was the reason behind her suffering after all. He should be apologizing for treating her this way. A lady like herself, if she should say so upon her behalf, was not brought up to do manual labor.

She might not be a descendant of an aristocratic family, but her family was still above the average norms, considering her father's position in society as a respectable archaeologist. She shouldn't have to be treated this way. Pushing and hauling refrigerators, fixing and installing gutters, drains, and pipes—not to mention working on other people's toilets—this wasn't her ideal job. She wanted to be a secretary, and she applied to be a secretary.

"Oh, Kami-sama, I can't feel anything anymore..." she groaned.

"Stop whining."

Whining? Who was whining? She was just simply expressing her pain—was that so wrong to do?

She didn't bother replying him, and he didn't say anything after that either. Sakura closed her eyes and endured the silence—too silent. "Syaoran...?" she called out.

"What is it?" he answered.

At least she knew he was still in the room. "Nothing," she replied in return. "What are you doing?" she added shortly afterwards, feeling bored herself. For some reason, it didn't feel right at all not being able to hear his voice. It was as if she had gotten used to hearing him. Strange but at the same time, it felt normal.

"Looking at some things," he said.

"Porn?" She couldn't help but crack the comment—it just came out.

She heard him snorted slightly. "I'm not a pervert all the time, you know."

"So you admit of being perverse?"

"I'm a man after all."

She didn't argue with him there—he was a man after all. She decided to brush the subject off and pushed herself off the couch. "I'm going to go take a bath," she said.

"Before you go—what do you want for dinner?" he asked.

"Chinese," she casually threw an answer at him. He was mumbling things to himself when she was leaving the room.

zZz

Sakura sighed in relaxation after the long, very long bubble bath. A relaxing bath was a woman's answer to all her exhaustion, especially if the woman worked for a work addict, who happened to be her good-for-nothing roommate as well. Sakura quickly put on her nightclothes. She made sure not to wear something 'revealing', considering who she was living with. There was no need for her to cause any unwanted reaction from him—that would be Hell... or was it Heaven?

She washed her face and applied her night-time treatments. She had one for everything—acne, moisturizer, wrinkles, anti-aging, and et cetera. Thank Kami-sama for these miracle workers. They were simply the answer to every woman's worries in life. Too bad Sakura's problem couldn't be solved with miracle in a bottle.

As she continued to brood over her insecurity, Syaoran's words suddenly came into her mind. He simply remarked that she was being too paranoid about these things—he also said that beauty came naturally, not bought with money, and it didn't come inside a bottle.