Chapter 13

Rule Number Thirteen:
Selfishness always lead to something.
Paper can't wrap fire.

Sakura walked out to the living room after setting her sister's suitcases in her room, finding Syaoran packing his things together. He turned to look at her with a soft smile when he detected her presence.

"Hey... are you alright?" He asked, quickly dropping the shirt he was holding to walk over to her. "Come here."

Sakura walked into his arms. "I'm sorry..."

"For what?"

"For making that stupid request earlier... and for this," she said.

Syaoran rubbed her shoulder gently. "It's okay, Sakura. It's better if I leave you two alone. I'll just be next door. If you ever miss me, just drop by."

"You wish I'd miss you," she said jokingly.

"Where's your sister?" he asked.

Sakura looked up at him, confused. "In the shower. Why?"

He leaned down and kissed her softly on the lips. "You don't have to go to work. Take the time to be with your sister," he said.

Sakura suddenly felt ashamed of herself.

"Syaoran, why are you so... caring?" she asked softly.

"Because you're my girlfriend."

That's right... I'm his girlfriend, Sakura thought. He was all hers; but she wasn't all his—and Sakura felt ashamed of that.

"Sakura?" They quickly pulled apart when Nakuru entered the room. "Oh, I'm sorry... I haven't introduced myself to your roommate yet," she said.

"Actually... I'm just her neighbor." Syaoran said before Sakura could open her mouth. "I had to remodel my apartment, and bunked here for awhile."

"Oh, I see."

Sakura watched as Syaoran went back to gathering his things. "I'll see you ladies later," he said when he was done. "And I'll see you this weekend." He whispered softly into Sakura's ears as he walked by when Nakuru wasn't paying attention.

This weekend—Eriol's party.

She walked him to the door. "I'll see you in the morning," she mouthed to him quietly.

She waited for him to enter his apartment before closing the door, letting out a heavy sigh.

"He was cute," her sister said.

"H-Hoe?!"

Nakuru smiled. "He looks familiar though. Can't remember if I've seen him already."

"He's a friend of Eriol," Sakura explained. "Probably seen Syaoran with him before."

"Syaoran... that's his name?" the older woman tapped her chin thoughtfully. "Does he have any older brothers?"

"Nee-chan!" Sakura screeched. "Don't tell me you're looking for a different husband already!"

Nakuru smiled sadly. "I have to start somewhere with my life, Sakura..."

Sakura sighed and sat down beside the woman quietly. She knew that Nakuru wasn't really looking for a different husband—heck, the woman was hardly looking for anything! She just wanted to try to get her mind off the subject of divorce for a bit.

"What happened?" Sakura asked. "Why did you and Onii-chan decide on this all of a sudden? And why didn't you two come home?"

"Your brother and I had a great time on our second honeymoon. Everything went great. I really enjoyed every second of the vacation."