Chapter 15

Rule Number Fifteen:
You can't accept the truth
Until you've accepted the lies.

oOo

It was over.

"Kaijuu!" Her brother waved over to her.

Sakura forced up a smile and walked over to the bar, taking a seat between her brother and Koji. Eriol and Tomoyo were sitting together on the other side of him. Eriol whispered something into the other girl's ear before getting up and walking away. Tomoyo quickly looked away when Sakura caught the girl staring at her for a moment.

"K-Koji, why don't I show you where the foods are?" She suddenly said and pulled the baffled man away, not leaving him any room to protest.

Hm...

Sakura thought it was weird.

"It seems like Eriol and Tomoyo are quick on their feet," Touya said.

"H-hoe?"

"I wanted them to leave."

"Oh," was all she said. "Why though?"

"I want to talk to you," he answered. "I think you've been waiting to talk to me about the divorce."

"What's going to happen to our family, 'nii-chan?" she asked quietly. "The holidays won't be the same... nothing will."

"I know, kaijuu." He brought a glass of Kamikaze to his lips and finished it in one shot. He asked the bartender for another one and said, "We don't know if this is the right decision, but we both know that we'll just end up hurting each other more if we don't. Marriage isn't simple, kaijuu. Maybe we weren't prepared to start a long time commitment so early."

"You still love each other."

"That, too."

"Technically, you still have a year to figure out where you want to be. You're not really divorced until you appear in court."

He chuckled. "Ironic what the priest said at our wedding. A wedding lasts only for a day, but marriage is a lifetime thing."

"Take it easy on the Kamikazes," she said. "You reek with alcohol! I took a taxi here, so I don't have a car to drive you back—not like I have one anyway, because someone refuses to buy me a car."

"What do you need a car for? Walking is perfectly fine. Besides, you'll be helping to reduce global warming."

Sakura rolled her eyes. "Just admit you're cheap, Onii-chan."

"So... how do you know the Li brat?" He suddenly changed the subject, catching Sakura by surprise at the mention of her ex-boyfriend.

"I'm his secretary."

Touya almost fell out of his seat.

Sakura sighed and rolled her eyes, asking for a Kamikaze to make the night go by faster.

Like wife, like husband.

"You work for the baka!?"

She nodded. "Almost a month now."

"I'm firing my secretary tomorrow, and you're coming to work for me!"

"Nii-chan!" Sakura cried. She couldn't believe the man! "Besides," she added quietly, "I don't think I'll be seeing him again."

Touya merely grunted and ordered himself another drink. "Whatever it is that you're not telling me—" he looked at her knowingly, "—you better tell me now while I'm still sober."

She knew it.

Her brother had this weird sixth sense for detecting these sort of things. She could never lie to him.