Chapter 20

Rule Number Twenty:
There IS no such thing as 'happily ever after',
There's only you and me... 'til death.

oOo

Okay. So the day didn't start out so great for Sakura, but things were definitely shaping up.

I think...

It took her awhile but she managed to get the tape from Tomoyo, and Syaoran immediately threw it into the fireplace. The other girl had started crying until she conned Sakura into promising to tell her the details of the 'events' from the night before. In exchange, the couple made the girl promised not to tell another soul—especially her boyfriend—what took place that morning.

"What are you doing here anyway?" Sakura decided to ask.

"I dropped by your house, but Nakuru said you didn't come home last night from your date," Tomoyo smiled and briefly looked at Syaoran, "and I just knew what that meant. The landlord told me you two lived on this floor, but I didn't think you two were awake so I went into Sakura's apartment instead to look at the construction and everything. Then I saw the workers gathering in your bathroom and decided to check it out. That's when I saw—"

"Yes, we know what you saw." Syaoran interrupted her immediately. "No need to say the obvious, Tomoyo."

"Must hand it to you two," she smiled sweetly. "That was quite a show."

Sakura groaned. "Can we just erase this and forget that it ever happened?"

Syaoran nodded in agreement. Tomoyo continued to smile. "I promise my lips are sealed... if I get the behind-the-bedroom-door details."

"Eriol corrupted you, didn't he?" Sakura held a fist in the air. "I knew he's bad influence!"

The girl giggled. "We'll continue this conversation later, Sakura. I don't want Syaoran-kun to die of embarrassment."

Syaoran looked away to hide his blush.

"Oh, is there a reason for your unexpected house visit?" Sakura asked.

"Yeah." Tomoyo reached into her purse and slid two white envelopes across the table. "Eriol and I would like you two to be our best man and maid of honor."

"Holy fuc—" Syaoran yowled when he was suddenly knocked onto the ground as Sakura rushed to hug her best friend. The girls jumped up and down, screaming and yelling with excitement. Syaoran sighed.

"Tomoyo, this is so exciting!" Sakura exclaimed. "You're getting married to—ERIOL!!!"

And the information finally sunk into her head. OH. MY. GOD! Tomoyo is marrying that...that...that MAN!

"Eh...? Is something wrong Sakura?" Tomoyo asked when she noticed the sudden change in the girl's behavior. "Are you not...happy about the marriage?"

"No, no! That's not it. I'm really happy for you, Tomoyo."

As much as Sakura hated to admit it, Tomoyo marrying Eriol wasn't as bad as it seemed. Sakura could tell that the two were passionately in love with each other. Despite how much she loathed Eriol, she knew that he would be good to her best friend.

Eww! Sakura suddenly realized something. Eriol was going to be her cousin-in-law. Man. That sucked—being related to him.

"The wedding is in three months," said Tomoyo. "Sakura, you and Nakuru will have to help me with everything!"

"How did he propose?!"

"I came home from work and there was a candlelight dinner on the balcony." Sakura was taking in deep breaths and letting it out with an 'aww' as she listened to the story. "I asked him what the occasion was for, and he just popped it out. He recited this really sweet poem."