Chapter 12

I'm In Love with a Plumber

Rule Number Twelve:
They say that when you're inside the circle,
Sometimes you can't see things clearly.

oOo

"Maybe we should get them a pool table," said Sakura as she flipped through a catalog, looking for the perfect gift to give Eriol and Tomoyo.

Syaoran groaned exasperatedly, wrapping his arms around her waist as they sat cozily on the couch. "You know it's just going to be a waste of our money. I don't know about your friend, but Eriol has a very feral appetite."

"Trust me..." Sakura sighed. "Tomoyo takes half of the credit. It takes two to make a mess."

He laughed. "Why do we have to go to their place for dinner? Shouldn't we let them celebrate their anniversary together—just the two of them?"

"I'm not excited about seeing his face for hours either," she sighed and rested her head onto his shoulder. "I don't think I'm going to be able to swallow my food."

"Close your eyes and chew."

"Yeah... like that's going to work!" She scoffed. "So what should we get them?"

"They're going to end up having sex no matter what, so why not get them condoms?"

Sakura's eyes nearly popped out. "Are you serious?!"

"Why not?" He shrugged lightly. "Condoms are cheap—the perfect gift to a sexually active couple."

"What would they think of us though?"

"That we're good friends, and we're only thinking of their well being. After all, we don't want them leaving any mess they can't clean up."

Sakura sighed. He did have a very good point. "There's a convenience store down the corner," she said. "Don't take too long."

He smiled slyly. "Going to miss me?"

"Hardly." Sakura snorted. "I just don't want to be late. Go already!"

Syaoran reluctantly released her from his arms and left.

After he left, Sakura threw the catalog magazine onto the table and walked into the bathroom. She opened the cabinet to get her make-up kit when she caught glimpse of her reflection in the mirror. She giggled to herself slightly, seeing how ridiculously funny she looked in Syaoran's shirt. She recently discovered the week before that wearing a man's shirt (but not just any man) was much more comfortable than wearing jammies.

Syaoran even encouraged Sakura to wear anything of his that she liked.

It was weird, but yet adorable at the same time.

Two weeks.

They had been dating for two weeks already.

Two long, wonderful weeks.

Although Syaoran was still a mystery to Sakura, she felt as though she was starting to get to know him better—the real him. They had fun together. Lots and lots of fun. In fact, Sakura had never felt this way towards any guy before. Sure, she had crushes before. And even though she had no experience in dating or whatsoever, she could tell that this—what it was—wasn't a simple crush. It was different.

Being Syaoran's girlfriend had been like a roller coaster ride.

She never knew what was waiting for her at the other drop or loop.

"Coming!" Sakura ran to answer the door when she heard the doorbell. "Don't tell me you forgot the keys—" She stopped in the middle of her sentence when she saw that it wasn't Syaoran standing at the door. She smiled apologetically. "May I help you?"