Chapter 10

Rule Number Ten:
It's human nature that when someone was hurt in the past,
You do not want to hurt them again.

oOo

Sakura woke up the next morning with a weird feeling in her stomach. Was it all a dream? She remembered something about Syaoran asking her to be his girlfriend, and then... Oh Kami-sama!!! I agreed to be his girlfriend!

She was so screwed.

Hoeeeee!

She buried her head under the pillow and screamed as loud as she could, letting out her frustration.

"Sakura?"

She glanced over to the door and found her boyfriend standing in the doorway with a spatula in his hand. "Good morning," she said, weakly, forcing up a smile.

He gave her a weird look, but decided to shrug it off. "Breakfast will be ready soon."

Sakura sighed heavily when he was no longer in sight.

Did she say that she was so screwed?

She was so screwed.

"Oh, Kami-sama..." she groaned.

Sakura decided that God was most unkind to her because he gave her a defective conscience. Where was her stupid conscience when she needed it most? Where was her stupid conscience when she decided to evacuate Syaoran's apartment? If her conscience had stopped her like it was supposed to—which it did not—then she didn't have to live with the man. If she didn't live with the man, she wouldn't have fallen for him. And if she didn't fall for him, then she wouldn't be lying there and blaming God.

Curses on her conscience.

zZz

Sakura walked out into the living room, taking a seat on the couch, and observed Syaoran closely with a special attention towards everything that he did—from flipping the eggs to washing the dishes and all that. She wanted to know what was going through his mind; but so far, she got nothing.

Unlike the man, she wasn't born with extrasensory perception.

"Syaoran, how old are you exactly?" she found herself asking.

"Thirty-three." She almost choked upon hearing his answer. He was twelve years older than she was?! "Does age matter?"

"No, b-but..."

He laughed. "I'm twenty-five, Sakura."

Sakura sighed in relief. That sounds better—much better.

"Syaoran, about what you said last night, are you sure...? Like I mean... we are moving kind of fast 'cause we've only known each other for like a week and all of a sudden, we're dating?" Sakura started babbling without taking a moment to breathe. "I woke up this morning and everything seemed like a dream to me. I could hardly believe it... I mean... I've never pictured myself getting together with a guy like you before."

"A guy like me?"

"You're like a hot dog and bun that every woman dreams of having!" Syaoran turned to give her somewhat of a weird look.

Okay. So maybe she shouldn't have used that analogy.

He took off the apron, and walked over to where Sakura was, taking her hands into his and sat down in front of her. "I don't want you to be uncomfortable, Sakura—just tell me what you want to do, and I will respect your decision."

"I'm not really uncomfortable," Sakura said. "It's just I'm not used to the idea of having a boyfriend and all at the moment. You're my first, you know... I guess you can say that I'm just... erm... nervous about the whole dating thing cause I don't have any experience."