Chapter 9

Rule Number Nine:
Sometimes, life asks you to pick one of two things.
You just have to go with the one that feels right.

oOo

It felt like an eternity before they pulled away from each other's embrace. Sakura gazed up at the pair of amber eyes that was looking down at her deeply.

"So..." she tried breaking the silence. "What now?"

And she failed miserably.

Syaoran sighed and opened his mouth in attempt to say something; however, rather than hearing words coming out of his mouth, they heard a loud—very loud—scream. Sakura started to panic when she saw Syaoran's date standing in the doorway with a pile of clothes lying on the door beside her feet. The woman seemed pale and looked like she was about to faint any given moment. Sakura didn't blame the woman—she probably would've had the same reaction too if she caught her date inside the dressing room with another woman. Not to mention that he was holding her waist, and she was holding onto him as well.

Yup. Definitely not a sight any woman would want to see.

"L-Li-san?" the woman was so shocked; her voice came out as a quiet squeak.

"Hi," he greeted her casually. Sakura couldn't believe this guy! How could he have been so calm at a time like that? Wasn't he worried at least a slight bit? Apparently, he wasn't. "Wait for me." He bent down to whisper into her ears before walking away with the other woman, who turned to give Sakura a very resentful look.

Sakura stood by the wall and observed quietly as she watched Syaoran talked to the other woman. Judging by the expression on the woman's face, whatever Syaoran was saying to her must have not been so pleasant to hear. Sakura's eyes widened when she saw the woman slapped Syaoran across the face and stormed off angrily, steams trailing behind her.

Syaoran sighed and walked back to where Sakura was standing. "That was a wonderful conversation," he chuckled.

"How can you laugh after that? She just slapped you!"

"It's nothing," he said.

Sakura didn't believe him. "You have a hand mark on your face and you tell me that it's nothing?" she scoffed. "Did it hurt?"

"Will you kiss my boo-boo if I say it did?"

"You are hopeless," she said exasperatedly. Leave it up to Li Syaoran to find a flirty joke out of everything. And she meant everything. It was almost unbelievable.

zZz

Darn it, Sakura!

Think of something to say. It's not that hard. Just open your mouth and say something already damn it!

Sakura was having an internal civil war with herself. One, she hated the awkward silence between them. Two, just the fact that he was sitting beside her on the couch was somewhat... er... disturbing—it wasn't that she didn't want him to sit beside her... it was just disturbing in a completely different way than literal definition of 'disturbing'. And three, he was such a neat eater.

She had no idea why that little fact bothered her, but it did. Just watching him neatly take small, petite bites of his slice of cake aroused the desire inside of her to take the rest of the chocolate cake and shove it down his throat or something. It was a good thing that he was a neat eater—hell, Sakura was pleased to see that, but it made her looked bad. There he was, eating in perfect manners and all that crap—then there was Sakura, whose eating manners shall not be discussed to the public.

Sakura didn't want to know what he thought of her. She was waiting patiently for the 'Boy, you have some appetite' comment to come eventually because that was what most people had said to her in the past. She supposed she was just worried about her image in his eyes, and that was why his 'neat' eating habit annoyed her, because he was just too darn perfect at everything. Typical guys weren't supposed to be neat eaters. Their 'typical' image was to wolf everything down—but Li Syaoran wasn't one of the 'typical' guys. He just had to be one out of the bunch.