|Twelve|

You stood at the corner of the room. Hiding in the shadow and silently watching Naruto trying to prove to the Hokage that he's not a brat anymore.

Kakashi face turned blank as he sighed inwardly. Thinking that's he's going to get a lecture from the Hokage about this later. Meanwhile Sakura trying to shut Naruto and Sasuke silently agreed towards Naruto point. They do need more challenging mission other than doing D ranks missions. Digging potato and baby sitting a snotty boy? Oh hell no.

"Stop it Naruto! Do you think that you can handle such a hard mission?! Remember you still a Genin!" Iruka, who stood by the Hokage side yelled out in anger. (And in worry.)

"Arggh! I don't want to do another stupid missions anymore you old man!" Naruto pointed a finger to Lord Hokage.

Kakashi hit his head. "Would you put a lid on it?"

"Itai!!!" Naruto shrieked.

Suddenly the Hokage laughed. Rendering everyone to silence.

"Ahahaha. Now I get it. Naruto trying to say that he's not a brat anymore but a former brat." he hummed.

"Alright. I'm going to give you a C rank mission. You will be escorting someone."

Naruto face instantly brightened up and he did a fist pump. "Yosh! Who are will be escorting?! A feudel? Or a pretty princess?!"

"Calm down. Bring him in." Sarutobi said to a Jounin. The Jounin nodded and opened up the door.

The door opened, revealing an old man with a fisherman like hat. A bottle of sake clutched loosely in his hand as he took a big gulp of it. He walked forward with a narrowed eyes. The hokage just averted his glance from the client toward Team Seven.

"And this is the person you will be escorting." He calmly state.

Naruto's eyes widened as he realised that this was no princess but an old man waiting for his death instead. But before he could voice out his opinion, the old man beat him to it.

"What? This group of brats are the one who going to escort me?! Psh! Don't make me laugh! Especially that puny one with stupid face!" He mocked.

You raised an eyebrow. Is this man for real? You walked out of the shadow silently. Naruto cackled loudly.

"Who is the small stupid face?!" His mind already picturing Sasuke. Sasuke and Sakura inched closer to Naruto. Sasuke was the tallest while Sakura was the second tall. Leaving Naruto the smallest. He looked at his friends and rage comsumed him.

"Why you-" he launched himself to attack the old man. Who was actually didn't even blinked an eye to Naruto's reaction."Stop it Naruto, you're supposed to protect him not demolishig him." You said calmly to his ear, holding the collar of his jacket to stop him from attacking the poor old man. Naruto halted in his step, shocked to hear your voice.

"W-what? (Y/N)? When did you come?" The same question lingered in your team mates' mind. When did you come?

How come they can't sensed your chakra? Sasuke narrowed his eyes, burning a hole at the back of your head. You let go of Naruto and stood next to Kakashi. Closing your eyes in hope to calm yourself. Emotions is the last thing you wish to show.

"I've been here from the beginning Naruto. And Sasuke, stop glaring at me. I can feel it." Sasuke's breath hitched a bit and he opened his mouth to deny.

"And don't try to deny it Sasuke." Sasuke eyes did widened this time. That phrase...there was something familar in it.

"Anyway... you will be escorting Mister Tazuna to the land of wave safely." That's all the hokage said before dismissing everyone.

"I am Tazuna the bridge builder! And you will escorting me with your lifes!" He said in a loud voice.

'With your lifes huh? Well that's strange.' All of you walked out of the Hokage's room. Kakashi stayed behind saying that there was something he needed to discuss with the Hokage. And the door closed.

"Kakashi." The Hokage called out to him curtly.

"Yes Hokage." replied the silver haired man. Sarutobi looked deep into Kakashi's eye and blew out a ring of smoke.

"Watch her closely. If she is indeed who we thought her to be."

"Yes, Lord Hokage."

Forgive me for the short chapter! The land of wave is coming up next! And who know what wil happen...hehhehe