Twenty-One

I'm an awful writer.

~×~

Y

ou let out a shaky breath after you had locked the door of the room you are currently sharing with the pink haired girl. Talking about your past out loud had shaken you more than you thought. It seems that your past still had a big effect on you. It's been years, it should not affect you this much. Somehow the heavy feeling lessened a bit when you told Inari about it. Poor boy, he just need some attention and people who understand him.

You look at the now dark room, Sakura was covered from top to toe with a blanket. She was already asleep. You did not feel tired or sleepy, you took your backpack and slowly unzipped it. Taking out a torch and a medium sized book in lap, you started flipping it. It was a book that you found in the small library at the edge of the village. You were trying to search for any information that related with your parents. Maybe, just maybe one of them is hailed from the Leaf Village. When the Hokage said that your mother may be from the Uzumaki clan, maybe she was also a leaf citizen, no harm in hoping right?

The book was about the deceased people who perish in war or the one who went missing. It just quiet ridiculous and weird that a book like this laying around in some shady library for all to see but you take your chance. You suppressed a sigh when you examined the book. It was quiet thick so it is going to take a while for you to search for the things you needed.

You opened up the book and internally screamed, it was arranged alphabetically, thank god for that. So you search for the U section and quickly skimmed it up, carefully not to wake Sakura up. There were simple information like name and the date of their death or the date of when they went missing stated in there. It started with Uzumaki Mito, the wife of the First Hokage. You flipped and flipped until you saw a picture of a red haired woman who smiling with his eyes partly shut. Somehow she looks familiar to you. Younger but still a familiar face to you. Warm feeling spread through your chest and your eyes blurred.

This is her.
Your mother.

Your finger traced her picture as you read out loud her name.
"Uzumaki (M/N)."

Above her picture there was a bold letter says 'Missing.'
That is mean that she went missing when she decided to follow her father into the outside world. Looks like the Hokage is right, your mother indeed an Uzumaki. This simple information made your heart swelled with hope. You had made up your mind; you need to search for more information. Who know, if you could trace who your father is and may be, just maybe he is still alive. Even though your father in this time line does not know who you are, it is still worth a shot.

Your eyes widened when you think more and more about it.

You mother is still alive in this timeline! You could go and see her. Maybe save her from her death.
You snapped shut the book and shove it down in your backpack. You need to ask Kakashi about this. There are possibilities that your mother is still alive in this timeline and you could save her. You could save her from the black fire.

You saw Kakashi staring off the ocean, standing there as the wind caressing his silver gray hair. It was still early in the morning so the wind was cold. You wondered why he was outside at the time like this, but you were grateful for it. It gave you the opportunity to talk to him in privacy.

"Kakashi-Sensei?" He hummed. He must have sense your presence for he was not even a little bit startled with your sudden appearance.

"I want to ask you something." He looks at you with a soft look.

"What is it (Y/N)?" You wait for a few seconds before you ask the question that had burned into your mind.
"Do you know who (M/N) is?" You look at him expectantly.

His eyes widened as he looked at you in the eyes. There were shock and grief in those black eyes.

"Where have you heard that name?" His voice was so slow that you strained you ears to hear it against the howling wind.

"Mama, she's my mother. I just remember her name yesterday." Lie. Not remember but found. You were sure that she is your mother. The feeling you felt when you see her picture, it was love. Like she meant the world to you, like she was the closest being in your life.

"You, you are her daughter?" He asked breathless.
"I thought it was obvious when I said she's my mother." You tried to crack a joke to banish the tense situation but failed.

Kakashi was clearly shaken with the information; he was shaking softly before he let out a long heavy sigh. "That explain why you reminds me of her. I thought I was going mad." he whispered.

"So you know who she is?" You pressed the topic again.

"Yes." He stared out at the ocean again. "She was...she was my teammate."

"Teammate?" Oh who knows that you were lucky to found a person who was in the same team as your mother in?
"Just like you, my team consists of four people. We like a family, with Minato-Sensei and Kushina always fussing over us. A mother hen she was." He shakes his head fondly when he remembered the famous Red Habanero.

"Your mother, she was so cold when we first know her. Refuse to talk to us and always so sarcastic. It seems you are the same like her." He ruffles your hair. You blushed. "But after a lot of prodding from us, she started to open up. She was a ball of sunshine, so insecure yet she shone the brighter. I was jealous of her you know?"

"You are jealous of her? Why?" He chuckles.
"She was good at everything. She could easily make friends and passed the test like she knew everything. She was the only one who is equal to me and I kind of hate her for that. We were good until the war broke. Rin died, and it was my fault. She...she does not blame me but Obito..." His voice was thick with pain.

"Sensei...you need not to talk about this if it pained you so.

"No...it's fine." He took a long shuddering breath before he continued. Eyes glazed with pain.
"Obito...we had a fight when we lost Rin. I was a coward. Stupid. Always follows that dumb rules. I let them down. But Oebito, that idiot, he saved me. He gave me a gift." His hand hovered over his covered eye.
Lost in memories. He remembered that day so vividly. He remembered the thick headed boy who half of his body buried under the boulder. He remembered his vow to keep Rin safe, but he failed.

"That is when your mother went missing. We did not know where she went to. Her house was like the usual, nothing out of ordinary but one. The picture of our team, it was missing. Search parties were sent out for months but they were no trace of her. She is declared dead.
"Can I...can I have her stuff? If they still keep it that is it."
"Sure, I'll give it to you when we are back at the village."

Your eyes widened when he said that. "You...you keep it? After all this time?"

"Of course, why should I?"

"It just...you don't seem like the sentimental one to me."

" I am not, but they are my teammates, my family."

"Thank you sensei." You said to him before you walked away.

"You're welcome." He looked up to the sky and smile sadly.

"Maybe I could keep them safe Obito, Rin, Kushina, Minato-sensei."