19

Don't listen to the song just yet!!

Taehyung's POV

I woke up from being cold. Looking to my side I see that Jungkook had rolled away from me over night. A gasp escapes my mouth. Only now I see his back in a good light. It's muscular, yes, but it's littered with long scars like someone drew them with a white marker. I stretch my arm to trace the lines, noticing the cold sweat on him. He's shivering like crazy, mumbling words that are cut off by sleep.

"Kookie?", I carefully place a hand on his shoulder, feeling the heat radiating off him.

"Jungkook", I say more stern now. I turn him around and crawl over to his side, slapping his face. His eyes shoot open and dart around the room. He's panting, like he ran a marathon. He moves quickly, seemingly not knowing where he is.

"Jungkook!", I shake him and slap him twice, hoping he wakes out of his trance. He shoots upright making me back away.

"K-kookie? Are you alright?", I stutter scared. He snaps his head to me, obviously relaxing and falling into my arms.

"Thank the gods you're alive", he mutters under his breath.

"What?", I question but he doesn't repeat it. I hug back, noticing his features softening even more.

"What happened to your back?", I whisper to him, tracing the lines softly.

"I'll tell you some other time. Just not today okay?"

"Okay"

~

Jungkook's P.O.V

I got a fever. I hadn't realised it but Taehyung felt my temperature after breakfast, noticing the heat radiating off me.

Great. I need to leave Taehyung in two days while I'm in bed with a fever.

"You just stay in bed and I'll take care of you", he smiles after tucking me in. I sigh, hoping my temperature will drop quickly. I'm weak and my body doesn't want to move but I have to get out of here soon.

I still have two days. I'll leave tomorrow.

But a day turns quickly into two when you sleep through it most of the time. I wake up at 6 am with a sleepy Taehyung next to me, chicken soup in hand and a smile on his face.

"Hey sleepyhead", he says, handing me the mug.

"I can say the same to you", a smile tugs at my lips but it quickly disappears. A lump forms in my throat. I need to leave him today.

"Get some sleep", I blurt out, hoping he agrees with me.

He raises an eyebrow but gets comfortable on the bed, a little space between us so he doesn't get infected by me.

(play the song now)

He faces me. "I love you"

I swear to god I'm going to cry. He looks at me with an soft expression.

"I love you too", I answer, a little too quick to my liking but he doesn't seem to notice. His eyes close, "Goodnight kookie"

"Sleep tight Tae", I whisper, listening for his breathing to become slower and deeper. I slip out of bed. My legs wobble a bit and my head spins but I grip the bedpost tightly. I shuffle to his desk, grabbing a notepad and a pen. I scribble things down, feeling tears drop onto the letter, making the ink spill everywhere. I curse lightly but keep writing, not caring at his moment. When I reread it, my heart aches even more. I leave the letter on his nightstand. I want to escape the room but my stare seems to be stuck on the boy. His features are perfect, so relaxed and soft when asleep. He's curled up like a kitten, hugging his pillow close to him. I go through his hair one more time and peck his lips sweetly, not being able to resist the urge to kiss him.

The door closing shut behind me sounds like a death sentence. The cold morning air hits me painfully, making me cool off. I shuffle out of the street, keeping myself steady on the wall. The streets are empty, making me realize how fucking miserable I'm feeling. It's like I'm saying goodbye to someone but I don't have anyone to say goodbye to anymore. I'm alone again. An oh so familiar feeling I'm used to but despise the most. I drop down on the grass next to the foster house, feeling too weak to actually climb through the window. I shiver and bring my knees to my chest, sobbing heavily. The tears blur my sight and I see the purple sky changing into a blue clear one.

I'm sorry Taehyung.

I really am.

But I love you too fucking much.

And I can't let my feelings be the end of you.