21

You're so going to hate me

Oh well, that's the fate of being a writer!

🍃

Taehyung's P.O.V

[2 days later]

I walk down the streets, fuming inside. I can't face Jungkook while he's sick but I can check up on him by asking his friends. The minute he's healthy again is the minute I'll be barging into his room to kick his lovely ass.

The walk there seems to take a lifetime and when I see the house nearing in the distance my anxiety pops up. I ring the doorbell, patiently waiting for someone to open the door. A guy I've seen before greets me with a big smile. He has broad shoulders and a feminine face.

"Hi, you're Jungkook's boyfriend right?", he asks smiling. A dull pain spreads through my chest as I shake my head slowly.

"No but I came to check up on him. I've heard he's sick. How's he doing?", I say calmly.

"Oh he's getting better! The fever is almost completely gone. I think he'll be back out of bed by tomorrow", the guy opens the door," Do you want to see him?"

I shake my head quickly," No! I- Uh want to surprise him tomorrow so don't tell him I came okay?"

He seems to suspect something but nods eventually. "Alright. He's been mumbling your name in his sleep. I guess he misses you" He closes the door after I turn my back and run away, not wanting to cry in front of him.

He mumbled my name?

But he hates me?

I don't understand.

[The next day]

Jungkook's P.O.V

My head has been clearing up in the past days. I stretch, sighing happily when I notice the dizziness has disappeared.

"Ah you're already awake. Feeling better?", Jin pops his head into the room, a bright smile on his face.

I find myself smiling back, "Yep. I think I'm going out for a bit to get some fresh air" I grab my jacket and slip into my shoes. The sky is a clear but a cold breeze interrupts the warm day. I walk into town, people are buzzing around and I have to dive away sometimes to avoid getting bumped into. I see someone with white hair and freeze.

Taehyung.

I did not forget about him but my mind is trying to. It's blocking all my memories with him.

I quickly run into an alley and keep running until I come at a small playground surrounded by old flats. I pant relieved, but also frown at my reaction. I see a mop of white hair and run for my life, not even sure if it's Taehyung. Is this how my life is gonna be from now on?

"Jungkook", a voice speaks up from behind me. I recognize the voice all too well and freeze on the spot.

No. He's not here. Nope. It's my imagination.

"I know you heard me. Don't pretend like I don't exist", I hear the annoyance in his usual warm voice. I turn around, casting my gaze to the ground, hoping he'd just disappear. A crumpled ball of paper hits my chest.

"Explain", I hear him say, tears already evident in his tone. I don't say anything. If I just ignore his presence, maybe he'll disappear.

"Jungkook!", he yells angrily. Sobs. Crying. I look up and know it's a mistake from the moment I see his face. I fall in love all over again. His tear stained cheeks and red eyes hold so much confusion and hatred towards me.

"Explain! I need an explanation! I deserve one!", he cries out, tears spilling on the ground. The lump in my throat disables me from speaking. He storms my way and grabs me by the collar. His arm is shaking, holding my body close to him.

"I-I love you", I blurt out. His face goes blank and before I know it I'm pushed on the ground. My back lands painfully on the asphalt but I don't care. Taehyung crouches down, face against his knees and pulls at his hair in frustration.

"I don't get you I don't know you", he repeats it like a chant as I scramble of the ground. I don't know what to do. I've broken him, the once happy-go-lucky boy is now crying in a ball on the dirty ground. I walk to him slowly and pat his head. He backs away and his eyes stare at me, unbelief and confusion evident.

"I- I left for your own good", I mumble, knowing he will not leave without an explanation," The guys who want to hurt you won't stop chasing you until I leave you. That's why I did what I did".

He stands up weakly. He doesn't believe me, I can already tell. He turns his back to me, his shoulders shaking. I want to place my hand on his shoulder but he turns around angrily.

"If you really want to get rid of me that easily just rip my heart out! It'd been less painful than all the lies!", he spits back. His tears rolling furiously and his lips being red from being chewed on too much. My eyes look up to the sky. He sobs, "Whatever. I already knew you were bad news from the start. You didn't open up to me. I had to know from then"

I snap my eyes to him," That's not true"

"Really? Then why didn't you trust me enough to tell me!? You told me you loved me enough but at the same time you don't want to know and trust me!", he starts to run away but his weak legs don't carry him fast enough away from me. I grab his wrist and pull him against my chest.

"I- I didn't want to you to pity me", I admit, knowing it won't get him back but at least the truth has to be known.

"I- won't", he cries into my chest," I just want to know you! Please!"

"What do we have here guys?"

I snap my head to the sudden voice and see a group of guys appearing from the shadows. Chanyeol and the rest of the gang.

"Two lovebirds thought they were hidden from the wolves", he smirks evilly, edging closer.

I tighten my arms around Taehyung whose eyes are watching the scene in fear and confusion.

"Just leave him alone! I'll do anything! Just don't hurt him please!", I plead, my voice turning frantic.

"No can't do honey. You didn't keep your promise so now we'll take the boy", he replies making the gang members chuckle.

"Go all out boys", he yells, spreading his arms.

Hell breaks loose.

🍃

Well wadda ya think about that. I've been really down lately but your comments always cheer me up so give a round of applause to yourself!!

Also I have so many readers now which means more people to please = more pressure and motivation!! I'm going strong with an upload a day