25

[ I am not responsible for crying teens and shattered hearts]

Third P.O.V

Never has anyone seen such a miserable sight. A broken boy with a pained face limping through the streets with casts on his limbs and scars on his skin. The rain pours down but the boy doesn't seem to notice, or he doesn't care. He stops at a house on the corner of the street with an open window on the second floor. The black haired boy looks up to rain pipe leading to the window and stares back down at his fractured ankle. He seems to ponder for a moment and swiftly glances around. He braces himself for the upcoming pain and struggle. The rain pipe is slippery but Jungkook is determined. The strength which he gained in the past year helps him to reach the window more and more. Finally after his tears began blurring his sight by the pain he can reach the tiny balcony and slides inside. Out of breath and burning with agony, both mentally and physically, he stumbles to Taehyung's bedroom where he drops down onto the bed, gazing at the multi colored dream catchers. He doesn't fully know why he's here but he can't turn back now. The scent of Taehyung's room calms his heart rate and before he knows it, he falls asleep. Exhausted from the journey and his messy head.

A door closing and footsteps on the stairs awakes Jungkook out of his restless sleep. He bolts up and holds in a breath. When he hears the patter coming in his direction he grabs a dictionary from the nearby desk and holds it in front of him. His takes a sharp inhale when the door slowly opens. A familiar figure stands in the doorway, the light from the hallway shining so his shadow is painted on the floor. Jungkook squints his eyes, hoping this isn't a dream. The fairy lights flick on. Jungkook's legs give in from underneath him making him a pained mess on the floor with tears leaking onto to ground.

"Taehyung?", he croaks out. He drops his head and starts to claw at it.

Stop this. Please stop giving me hallucinations! I just want to it all to stop!

The boy in the doorway has a blank expression on his face, thousands of thoughts running through his head.

"Jungkook?", he speaks up in a soft voice, barely a whisper.

The said boy's head snaps to the voice.

"A-are you real?", Jungkook slowly gets up, trying not to lean on his ankle too much.

Taehyung gives a small smile and nods, "I guess yeah"

Jungkook doesn't hesitate to charge towards the white haired boy to envelop him in a tight hug. His arms close around Taehyung perfectly. He hears the boy breath heavily and he guesses it's because he's crying. But Taehyung squirms out the tight grip, backing against the wall. "What's wrong", Jungkook furrows his brows and wants to grabs Taehyung's hand who flinches away.

"It b-burns", Taehyungs whimpers, his eyes red and swollen from crying.

"What does?" The black haired boy is beyond confusion. Why isn't he allowed to touch Taehyung?

"Your touch", he admits, averting his gaze away from Jungkook's worried expression," I-I can't. I'm sorry"

Jungkook ignores the pang of pain in his heart. "What happened to you Taehyung? Where did they take you?", he decides to ask the question which has been playing in his head for days. Taehyung steps away from the wall and sits down on the bed, looking at his trembling hands.

"Don't really wanna talk about it", he mumbles. The boy is scared out of his mind. He doesn't want to bother Jungkook with his feelings. He wouldn't be able to explain the horror and the full on humiliation he went through. So he decides to keep his mouth shut.

Jungkook notices the behaviour and flicks on the main light in the room. His eyes widen when he finally notices Taehyung's situation.

"What the fuck did they do to you", Jungkook grumbles, anger bubbling up in him until it finally snaps when Taehyung starts sobbing into his hands. He walks up to the trembling boy on the bed and before Taehyung realises what's happening his shirt is ripped off. He lets it happen, it's not like he has anything to hide that hasn't been seen by people yet.

Jungkook almost stumbles backwards as he takes in the boy in front of him. A handprint is visible on Taehyung's neck along with a black eye and a split lip. His back is littered with scratches and the front with hickeys and bite marks. There are bruises on his thighs and hips, which are definitely fingerprints of people who dared to touch his boy.

"Oh my god Tae", Jungkook bites back a sob," I-I can't begin to say how sorry I am" He falls on his knees in front of the whimpering boy. Jungkook feels like dying as he looks into Taehyungs eyes where every innocence was shattered.

"I should have protected you", he starts, nails digging into his palms," I should have fought for you but the only thing I did was fuck everything up. I-I knew I should have let you go but I loved y-you too much to do it. I'm a selfish bastard. I d-don't even know why I thought you'd w-want to hug me. You probably h-hate to the bone"

Taehyung doesn't reply.

Jungkook really feels like dying. He wants to wipe himself off the earth, not leaving evidence of his existence anywhere. He just wants to be gone.

"I-I wanted to hate you", Taehyung suddenly whispers," I r-really t-tried to. I cursed you, s-screamed I hated you, b-but not even my h-head wanted to b-believe it. I-I still love you Jungkook. I r-realized you tried to s-save me by w-writing that letter even though y-you could h-have just told me the truth. Wh-why are you s-such an idiot kookie?"

A smile, so small it could almost be a sneer, tugs at Jungkook's lips," I'm an idiot. But I'm your idiot"

Taehyungs chuckles, it's a sad one filled with spilled tears.

🍃

[I promise it'll get better. We've dealt with most of the angst by now. Thanks for hanging in there]

Also I got way more volunteers for smut writing that I had ever expected. Every one of them is writing a chapter for moi so I can say that there'll be more than 1 chapter of smut. Maybe I'll use one of the chapters they write for my other book bc I think if I put too much smut in here suddenly that it'll be a lil weird.