Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Kyoko walked by the garden early in the morning. The cold morning breeze carried the sweet scent of flowers as it coolly passed by her pinkish cheeks. She remembered the same cold breeze last night when Tsuna kissed her, and she felt flustered.

While walking, she noticed that there was a nearby lake.

‘I probably didn’t see it last night since it was dark.’ She thought.

She started walking towards it and sat by the dock. The water was so clear, and she could hear birds singing. She could see different varieties of flowers and huge trees around the lake. Everything seemed to be so serene and peaceful. The serenity of the place reminded her of the times she had with Tsuna two years ago.

She never took him seriously. He was just this no good guy who persevered on doing anything to protect his family and friends. She would normally smile at him as she smiled at other people. She simply thought of him as a really good friend. No one knew that Tsuna would be this important to her.

They used to laugh lightheartedly along with everyone. They did not mind problems as long as they were together. To think that he risked his life just to protect her, she knew that Tsuna was there for her. His warm smile was enough to reassure her that everything would turn out fine. She knew that she could rely on someone other than her nii-chan.

Just when she realized how good Tsuna was, he had to leave. It seemed too late, and it made her feel like it was the end of the world. She had to grapple with the impounding guilt in her heart, that great guilt for neglecting the precious someone who was right in between her eyes. From then on, she promised not go for anyone else but Tsuna.

She patiently waited for him, and now he’s appeared into her life once again. She finally saw him after two long years of regret. She felt like the luckiest girl in the world. A huge smile lit up her face at the thought of it.

"I love Tsu-kun!" She told herself aloud.

She got startled as she heard a voice from behind her say, "I love you too Kyoko.”

The voice sounded like Tsuna's, but no one was there when she looked back.

‘Probably my imagination.’ She thought and smiled at herself inwardly.

When Kyoko was done with her stroll in the garden, she decided to walk back inside the mansion. She was near the door when Reborn popped out.

"What is it Reborn-kun?" Kyoko asked.

"Kyoko, you’d be leaving by tomorrow.” Reborn informed her. “Your classes would start the day after. I can't afford making you miss your classes and make your parents worry.”

"Can't I stay a bit longer?" Kyoko pleaded.

"If you stay any longer, people involved in the mafia world would soon be after you, knowing that you’re related to Tsuna. This world is too terrifying, and I'm sure Tsuna doesn't want to involve you in all of this once again.” To evade further questions, Reborn walked away.

Kyoko fell on her knees. 'You mean I have to leave Tsu-kun?' She thought.

By night time, Kyoko went to Tsuna’s office and told him about their flight to Japan tomorrow. Sadness became evident in his eyes.

"Forget you've met me Kyoko." Tsuna said in an imperative tone.

"Huh?" Kyoko was astonished.

“Forget about me. I would just put your life in danger.” Tsuna said, looking straight into her eyes. “I can’t risk that.”

"What? But Tsu-kun, I..” Kyoko cried. “ I'll try hard not to become a nuisance to you. I'll become stronger. I promise!"

"You’re right. You are a nuisance to me.” He said, giving emphasis on nuisance. “Just go already. Forget about me, and move on with your life." Tsuna gave her a fake smile.

Kyoko was surprised with what he told her. She moved towards Tsuna and slapped him square on the face.

"You’re right, I should forget about you. Don't even bother showing your face to me again, Tsu-kun you idiot!" She ran out of the room crying.

Tears fell from Tsuna’s eyes as he watched Kyoko leave the room in tears.

"I'm sorry Kyoko. I'm so sorry…" That was all he could say.