Chapter 13

Chapter 13

The boy got frightened of Tsuna's glare and ran away. Tsuna has never imagined himself thanking God that he was a mafia boss, but he was thanking God at the very moment. The urgent mission to prevent Kyoko from accepting the confession has been completed, but how would Kyoko react to that???

In shock, Kyoko just stood there quietly. They both fell silent. A few moments later, Kyoko broke free from Tsuna's embrace and slapped him on the face. Tsuna stared at her with wide eyes.

"What was that?" She yelled as tears began falling from her eyes. "Who said I was yours huh? You… I hate you Tsuna!"

She ran past through the doors and rushed down the stairs. She just wanted to get away from him. She didn't look back. Her heart ached as she ran away from the boy whom she used to love without hesitation. He was acting strange, she barely knew him anymore. They were drifting apart.

Tsuna was too stunned to move. He touched his swollen cheek and looked at the closed door. Kyoko left him, and now he didn't know what to do. He wanted to run after her, but his legs won’t budge at all. He punched the wall in frustration. His punch was strong enough to form a huge crack on the thick wall.

"Damn it!" He shouted.

"Hey, don't punch the wall. It didn't do anything to you" A voice said.

“Yoh, Reborn…” Tsuna said weakly.

"The preparations are done. You'll be leaving within a week." Reborn said.

“Right.” Tsuna said feebly as he blankly gazed at the wall.

The next day…

Kyoko yawned and looked at herself in the mirror. She cried the whole night and barely slept.

'Damn it.' She thought.

Her eyes were swollen. That was a good excuse not to go to school. She didn’t want to see him, it seemed too painful. She didn’t understand why, but she appeared to utterly hate him. Could it be because of the changes in him or was it the people around him? Her thinking got interrupted by a loud knock on the door.

“Hey Kyoko!” Ryohei yelled as he once again knocked on the door. “Wake up already. You still have to go to school!"  His voice was so loud that it started to give Kyoko a headache.

‘I guess I’ll be going to school after all.’ She gloomily thought.

"Uh yeah, I'll be coming downstairs in a second." She said as she started fixing herself.

Later on, Kyoko reached school and was headed towards their classroom. There were a lot of murmurs coming from the students as she passed by. Finally, she reached the classroom and sat on her chair. Hana immediately approached her.

"Hey Kyoko, have you heard?" Hana asked.

"Heard what?" Kyoko asked, puzzled.

"Woah, you didn’t know? You mean he never told you?" Hana seemed to be surprised.

"Who never told me what?" Kyoko was really confused now.

"Sawada's going back to Italy within a week, so he's dropped out of school." Hana said.

Kyoko became still. She knew nothing about this. She was aware that Tsuna would only be here temporarily, but this was way too soon. They didn't even do anything together. She haven’t even settled her feelings yet. It was just like before. He was suddenly leaving her again.

Kyoko was still deep in thought when the teacher came. Hana went back to her seat and so did the other students. Everyone was surprised when Kyoko stood up all of a sudden.

"Sensei, I have a fever. If you don’t mind, I’ll be going to the clinic." She said and left.

"Huh?" The teacher looked puzzled.

Kyoko ran through the hallway.

'Oh crap, I hope Hibari-san doesn't see me.' She thought.

(Luckily, he's asleep on the rooftop. Don't worry, he won't ruin the moment).

She told the teacher that she would merely be going to the clinic, but she knew she was not headed there. She just ran as fast as she could. She couldn’t let Tsuna simply leave like that again, not when she has not yet said sorry to him for being so unreasonable. She felt guilt pile up in her heart once again.

Meanwhile…..

Tsuna was packing some of his stuff when his mother entered the room.

"You'll leave again soon huh?" She sighed.

"Yeah. I'm sorry I have to leave you again, okaa-san." He said smilingly.

"You're starting to remind me of your father.” She hugged Tsuna tightly. “Be sure to visit soon okay?" She gave Tsuna a warm smile and left so Tsuna could continue what he was doing.

Tsuna was glad that his mother was really supportive of him. She doesn’t know what type of situation he was in, but she kept her faith in him. She was just there, waiting with a warm smile on her face to welcome him again. He was quite lucky to have such a mother.

Just when he was finished packing a bag’s worth of stuff, Tsuna heard the doorbell ring. He dashed downstairs and yelled,

"I'll get it!"

As he opened the door, he was astonished to see Kyoko panting heavily.

"Kyoko?"

"Tsuna-kun….." Kyoko was still panting. She didn't know what to say. She just came here without thinking. Her heart was beating fast, and seeing Tsuna made it beat even faster. Her heartbeat seemed to choke up the words that came into her mind.

"Are you okay? What happened? Don’t you have classes today?" Tsuna asked worriedly.

"I…I’m..s…so" She stuttered as she tried to catch her breathe.

As her breathing slightly regulated, she finally said:

"I'm so sorry!"

She embraced him and clutched his shirt. "I'm sorry! I'm really sorry!"

Her eyes began to swell with tears once again. She can’t believe how unreasonable she was for the past few days and how much of an idiot she looked like right now. She ran all the way from school to Tsuna’s house just to see him. She wanted to be with Tsuna even just a bit longer. She didn’t want to let go of him at all.

Tsuna couldn't resist turning red.

"Uhh…ummmm...err..." He was rendered speechless.

'Shit! I'm too happy right now, I can't even say anything. She is too cute!' Tsuna thought.

(Editor’s note: KYAAA! A cursing Tsuna! *nosebleeds* you are awesome Nana chan!)

Tsuna embraced her back and mumbled something to her ear. Whatever he said seemed to make Kyoko very happy. With that, they seemed to understand each other. Words could never explain how they felt at the moment. There was remorse, forgiveness, and happiness, but the greatest of all was love.

As the days went by, Tsuna came to fetch Kyoko every after school. They spent these times together to make up for the days they’ve wasted. They tried to treasure their happiness, but they knew well that…

This Happiness won't last forever….