Chapter 12

Chapter 12

"Hey Kyoko!" Tsuna called out.

Kyoko just grabbed her bag and rapidly went out of the room. She went away like she didn’t hear anything. Tsuna tried to run after her, but tons of girls crowded around him asking for his number, if he could go out with them, and lots of other stuff. Everything was a blur to him. The only thing he saw was that Kyoko went out of the room and didn’t even bother to look at him.

Kyoko was too cowardly to face him. She couldn't understand why she was so mad about all those girls flocking around Tsuna.

'You came here for me, didn't you Tsuna-kun? Why are you hanging out with them?' She thought. 'Oh man, why am I feeling like this? I just don't understand it!'

Meanwhile….

Tsuna was dazed while looking at the sky through the huge glass window. He was finally alone in the classroom. He absent mindedly turned down all the girls' invitations when he saw Kyoko leave the room. Questions filled his mind, trying to find an answer to what was going on.

‘Did I do anything wrong?’

‘Why is Kyoko ignoring me?’

‘I went here just for her, didn’t I?’

‘Why is she running away from me?’

Still finding no answer, he sighed and buried his face into his palms.

'I don't get it….Why is she becoming more and more distant?'

"Oi Tsuna!" A cute infant voice disrupted his thinking.

"Reborn, what’s up?" Tsuna asked as he looked up to see Reborn descending from a ‘Leon harness’ outside the window.

“What’s up with the stupid look on your face, dame-Tsuna?” Reborn reproached.

"Maybe I am starting to become a loser again." Tsuna smiled grimly.

Reborn kicked the window and broke it in the process. His foot landed on Tsuna’s head. The impact was so strong that Tsuna almost slammed onto the wall across the room.

"Ow!" Tsuna started to giggle. "Pfft…hahahahaha… You've never kicked me like that in how many years now…."

(Editor’s note: They’re too rich to mind that Reborn was destroying school property! Where’d Hibari go!? *A* Tsuna’s brain probably got damaged due to the impact!!)

"You’re starting to get really worthless, Dame-Tsuna." Reborn said as he gave him a smack on the head.

“Hey, that hurt!” Tsuna complained.

“You should treat girls like that puny brain of yours.” Reborn lectured. “You should always handle them with care. They’re fragile. You could never replace them once they’re broken.”                                  

"Yeah, that’s with the exception of Bianchi…" Tsuna murmured grimly.

“Did you just say something?” Reborn's expression turned dark.

"Oh Nothing!" Tsuna hastily grabbed his bag and ran towards the door. "I'll see you later Reborn." He waved.

"I do hope you still remember that we’re only here temporarily." Reborn prompted.

Tsuna frowned a bit but managed to smile.

"I know. I just wanted to see her. Even if it was just for a short amount of time, I just wanted to hold her and see her smile. I’m fine by that."

Tsuna then left for home.

The next day, Tsuna approached Kyoko who was walking with Hana.

"Hey Kyoko!" He called.

Kyoko ignored him. She didn't want to look angry in front of other people. She never looked angry in front of people. She always looked bright and shining towards others, but seeing Tsuna right now made her blood boil deep inside.

"Hey Kyoko!" Tsuna called out once more.

Kyoko ignored him once more. This time, Tsuna grabbed her hand.

"Wait! Kyoko!"

"Don't touch me!" She yelled and slapped Tsuna's hand away from hers.

Everyone around Kyoko got astounded, Tsuna was no exception. He didn't expect her to yell at him like that. Kyoko was surprised as well. She never thought of yelling at someone, particularly not Tsuna.

"I'm sorry. Let’s go, Hana." She hurriedly grabbed Hana, and walked towards school. Tsuna just stood there, dumbfounded.

It was lunch, and Tsuna was on the rooftop. Luckily, Kyoya was probably sleeping in the disciplinary committee’s office instead of the rooftop. Fighting the prefect would be the least of his problems at the moment, but he didn't have the energy to brawl or even defend himself at all.

He lay on the floor and stared at the sky.

"Would it have been better if I just stayed in Italy?" He asked himself.

He was deep in thought when he suddenly heard footsteps on the stair way. He immediately hid behind the wall as he heard the door open and close. It revealed Kyoko and some male student.

 'Is that guy going to confess?' He thought.

"Ummmm…. Kyoko-senpai…ummm I like you. Please go out with me!" The guy practically screamed out.

'I knew it!' Tsuna realized that it must’ve been the effect of his hyper intuition.

"Ummm…" Kyoko stood there nervously. Tsuna looked agitated. He wanted to tell the guy to back off, but he didn’t. He was curious of what Kyoko would say.

"I….umm…." Kyoko looked at the guy nervously.

She’s been receiving all these confessions for years, but there was something about this confession. Probably it was the timing or was it because the guy seemed really kind? She actually started taking things into consideration.

What if she tried liking a person other than Tsuna?

What if she just moved on with her life as he told her?

The Tsuna right now was far from the Tsuna she used to like. The Tsuna before didn't like fights, he always had this amusing but gentle look on his face. She resented the present Tsuna. She wanted the old him back. She might as well try.

"I acc-" Kyoko’s sentence got cut off.

Tsuna didn’t expect Kyoko to accept the confession, but his intuition told him otherwise. He abruptly came out of his hiding place to grab and kiss her. He immediately broke off the kiss and hugged her possessively. He glared at the guy and said,

"I’m sorry, but she's mine."