Chapter 11

I'm having that same nightmare again. There's the burning village, the darkness, the screaming, then Tiny is getting carried away. I try to chase after him again only for the same thing to happen again. Except this time the ground opens up underneath me and I fall into a pit.

I land on a lab chair and the straps automatically wrap around me and pin me to the chair. Then I hear that voice from the lab. He's laughing at me. Everything starts going dark.

I am awakened by a clattering sound. I shoot upright and open my eyes.

My sudden wake up scares Tiny as he is using my stomach for a pillow. He gets thrown a little bit.

He rubs his head. "Essix you ok? We're you having a nightmare? You woke up pretty fast there."

I look over towards where I heard the sound from and I see a tray with food on it. Instantly I am very suspicious.

Tiny traces my gaze to the tray and sees the food "Yay food!! I haven't eaten in forever!!" He begins to trot over towards the tray.

"No Tiny don't eat that!!" I grab him by the tail and pull him backwards.

"Awww, but I'm hungry! Don't tell me you're not hungry too!" Tiny whines while trying to free his tail.

"What if they poisoned that?" I say.

"Why would they want to poison us. They clearly want you for something. Why go through all of the trouble of kidnapping and experimenting on you just to kill you with poison?" Tiny shoots back.

He has a good point. "Fine." I let go of his tail and he books it to the tray.

"Yay come to Tiny!" He exclaims excitedly.

I watch as Tiny sniffs the tray and its contents. Once he feels like it's safe he brings it back to me.

I take the tray from him.

"What do you think?" Tiny asks.

I look at the tray. On it was an apple, a sandwich, and a bowl of water. There are many ways you can hide poison in food. Especially in an Apple.

Then again what Tiny said earlier made sense. They need me for something. I'm not sure what but I get the feeling that I'll figure it out probably sooner than later.

My stomach growls. I look at the food on the tray again. It's probably not poisoned...

My stomach growls again and I give in. "Guess it's alright. It couldn't hurt to try it at least."

I sniff the apple and then take a bite. I chew it up and swallow it. Then we sit there waiting to see if anything is going to happen. After five minutes of waiting we call it.

"Well I'm not foaming at the mouth and I haven't died so it's not poisoned." I announce.

"Yay that means we can eat now!" Tiny says happily.

I share the apple with Tiny, then we half the sandwich and we both drink from the bowl. Then both of us settle in one corner of the room.

Tiny looks at me with concern.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Essix are you ok?" He replies.

"Yeah why wouldn't I be?" I say.

"The last few times you've woken up you woke up scared like you had a nightmare. Are you scared of what they're going to do to you?" Tiny asks.

His question takes me a little by surprise. He always was able to see right through me. I decide to try and brush it off by not answering. But I only make myself look more guilty by looking away.

"Essix please tell me if something is bothering you." Tiny says concerned.

"I'm not scared for me," I blurt out "I'm scared for what they might do to you!"

"You don't have to worry about me." Tiny says.

I tighten my hands into fists. "Yes I do! You and mom are all I've got left! If I fail to protect you..." I feel the tears coming before I can stop them. "Then I'll have nothing left!"

"Oh Essix..." Tiny says quietly. He scoots closer and gives me a hug. "You already do a great job at protecting me."

I try to wipe away my tears. And I just end up wrapping my arms around Tiny.

"No matter the cost I will protect you. No matter what." I whisper.

I'm surprised that for the rest of the day we aren't bothered by anyone. No one enters or exits the room, no one tries to knock me out and experiment on me. All in all it was a good day. Who knew being kidnapped had some advantages?

~~~~~~~~~~~

What up fellow readers?!

This chapter is somewhat short I apologize. It's more like a filler chapter, but I promise there's more exiting stuff to come!!

Oh I just realized I never told you guys how I got the inspiration to write this story!! Don't worry it's not long I promise :) So one day I was listening to Warriors by Imagine Dragons and BOOM here is the Quest for Onyx.

Please hang in there with me!! I appreciate all of you guys' support!! Please remember to vote and comment!!

Love you all!! 😘

------ScarletApollo99