Chapter 7

In a laboratory somewhere...

A bunch of lab workers and scientists are rushing around the lab. They have been preparing for this moment for years. It wouldn't be long before all of their hard work finally payed off.

One of the scientists scribbles something on a clipboard and walks over to a figure watching the progress. "Sir the pods are fully functional and all systems are green. We're just awaiting your orders for commencing the procedure."

"Very well. You may begin." The figure replies.

The scientist nods to one of the lab workers. The lab worker then walks over to a panel that is covered with complicated buttons and computer screens. Two other lab workers are sitting in front of the panel typing in commands on the keyboards.

On one wall there are two large silver tube like structures attached to the wall by steel beams and a complicated mesh of wires. As the lab workers type in the commands the tubes begin to glow.

The scientist with the clipboard nods and pushes his glasses up on his nose. "It's begun Dr. Rabies sir. As the reproductive cloning process progresses you will see your results."

"I better see my results. Otherwise all that time and research I worked on will have been for nothing." He says while eyeing the tubes his front claws clicked nervously on the white tile floor.

The tubes glow brighter. The lab workers are a flurry of movement as they pace back and forth behind the control panel monitoring the tubes.

"Pod 1 systems are still green. Pod 2 systems are still green."

"DNA fusion successful. Chromosomal gene splicing is complete."

"Biologicals stable."

Dr. Rabies glances at the lead scientist. "Are the pods still functioning at green level?"

One of the lab workers checks a computer screen in the panel. "Yes sir all systems are still fully functional."

"Good. Begin the final phase." Dr. Rabies says.

The lab worker nods. "Initiating phase Omega."

The pods give off a bright flash of light and then they slowly power down.

Dr. Rabies straightens and stares intensely at the pods. "Open the pods."

The head scientist jolts, surprised he would say that. "But sir, this process has never been tested, we don't know if it was a success!"

"All the monitoring systems I installed in the pods pointed to a successful reproductive cloning process." Dr. Rabies replies.

"Y-yes sir but-"

Dr. Rabies turns to the lead scientist with fury in his gaze. "Are you questioning me, the one who built this machine and the one who thoroughly researched this process?"

"Um...n-no sir..." The scientist says nervously.

"Then do what I say and open them." Dr. Rabies growls.

The scientist hesitates slightly but he obeys. He presses some buttons on the control panel and with a hiss the doors to the pods slide open.

At first nothing happens but then an arm covered in black fur grips the outside of the second pod. It is shortly followed by another arm and then slowly the full body of a Fox warrior emerges from the pod. She takes a couple of shaky steps and then almost falls. She tightly grasps the side of the pod for balance.

Out of the first pod the same thing happens except that this fox warrior is gray and is a boy. He sees the first fox warrior and walks over to her and begins clinging to her like a younger sibling seeking out their sibling for comfort.

He looks at her curiously "Big sister?"

She cocks her head at him "Little brother?"

Dr. Rabies is smiling like a maniacal mastermind. "Yes! After years of long hours and fruitless experiments project Dark Claw is a success!"

The male fox warrior looks at Dr. Rabies confused "Who are you?"

"Very good question my boy. I am your new caretaker. I'm going to teach you both how to kill. It's my boss' wish you know."

"How did we end up here in this lab?" The female fox warrior asks.

"I cloned you from DNA my associates retrieved from a fiery young fox warrior named Essix."

"Cloned? I don't understand..." the male fox warrior says.

Dr. Rabies comes closer and reassuringly pats them. "Don't worry my children there's nothing to be frightened of. You have been chosen to fulfill a great role. And in light of that goal I shall give you names worthy of true warriors."

He looks at the male fox warrior and sizes him up. "Hmm judging by the great magical energy I sense flowing through you I will name you Briggan after  a powerful and great wizard of Orea."

He looks at the female fox warrior "Ah my child. I sense an intense fiery spirit in you. The only name I see fit is to name you Azula after a legendary female warrior from a far away land."

"What do we do now?" Briggan asks.

"Easy enough," Dr. Rabies replies "you train for your day of reckoning."

~~~~~~~
Yo!

So this chapter is brand new courtesy of my editing. I had to fix some gaps I left open in my plot line. Hopefully this helps to fix that.

Anyway enjoy!

🕸Thwip🕸
ScarletApollo99 🕷