Chapter 27

Captain says something to Rezzyn and he starts to descend towards the ground. He ends up landing on top of a hill. Captain pats Rezzyn's head. He gives a hoot sounding growl and then flies off into the sky.

In the distance we can see the facility. It looks like it's been nestled inside of an old mountain pass through the cliffs. On the other side stretches a wide expanse of tropical looking trees.

Star raises her hand and shields her face from the sun. She quints at the facility. "So that's it huh?"

"Yes that's place." Captain says.

"How are we gonna get in there? That place looks locked down tight." I remark.

Captain smirks. "Don't worry I have a plan."

Star crosses her arms and narrows her eyes. "Why am I getting a bad feeling about this so called "plan" of yours?" She replies suspiciously.

                      🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙

Two guards are outside in front of the main gate. They look up and see our group of 3 fox warriors and one winged wolf approaching.

As we get close they tense up and go through the predictable intruder sequence "Halt, state your name and business."

Captain steps forward. His blue cape swishes around his shoulders as he bows slightly "I am a simple hermit my lieges, but I saw the wanted posters and figured your master would pay handsomely for that one." He points at me.

I frown and act surprised and betrayed. "You said that you were taking us to a safe place!!" I exclaim.

"Well sweetheart, when there's money involved I tend to be a little...well a lot on the "I don't care about your needs side". So suck it up. It's just business." Captain spat.

One of the guards examines me closely. "Yep, that's the one the boss was looking for."

The other guard looks everyone else up and down. "Who are the others with her?"

"Them? Oh they were traveling with her when I found them." Captain shuffles closer to the guards and mumbles "I thought they might make a nice bonus for your boss."

The two guards exchange uncertain looks but they concede to Captain. "Alright. Come with us. Dr Rabies will be pleased to see that Essix has been captured."

The guards guide us through the large steel gate and close it behind us. Then they lead us inside the facility.

We are escorted through a set of heavy wooden doors into a big room. The guards make sure we all go inside and bow before leaving the room. The room appears to be a large office. Inside sitting at an intricately carved wooden desk in the middle of the room was Dr Rabies.

He looks up from the papers he's reading. He smiles an ugly smile when his beady gaze rests on me "Ah, if it isn't my good friend Essix."

His gaze shifts to Captain "And you, how can I ever repay you for bringing back my secret weapon?"

Captain looks at the ground like he's embarrassed. "Oh well I don't really want much but..." Captain looks back up and takes a step forward. His voice has a slight snarl to it "I request that you beg for mercy."

Dr Rabies looks taken aback and confused "I'm sorry what was that?"

Without replying Captain lunges forward and pins Dr. Rabies to the wall.

The rest of us are shocked that he did this. This was definitely not part of the plan.

"You are going to take us to where the others are and if one guard or accomplice of yours stops us you're as good as dead. Do you understand?" Captain growls menacingly.