Chapter 13

I hear the voice inside my head again "Very good Essix. That is all."

At once after he stops speaking I collapse on the floor.

"Essix!!" Tiny runs over to me "Essix are you ok?!"

Slowly I open my eyes. "Huh?" I look around confused "What happened? Why am I on the floor?"

Again Tiny gave me the same confused look as before "You don't remember anything about what just happened? Like nothing at all?"

I look up at the white ceiling and try to remember. Everything is fuzzy. I can't remember anything prior to me collapsing on the floor. "No.....should I?"

Tiny looks scared "It all started when your eyes turned green...then it was like you became an entirely different person. You savagely attacked them and the scary part was that you looked like you were enjoying it."

"Attacked? Attacked who?" I ask still confused.

Tiny points to the pile of guards that were in a heap in the corner of the room. Many of them had blood on them and looked like they had been hit by a stampede of desert horses. Others had blood pooled around them. They didn't look like they are unconscious. They look dead. I would recognize that glazed look in their eyes anywhere. They look just like Erin after that fateful day in the village.

I look down at my hands. There's splotches of bright red blood on them. I close my eyes and shiver slightly. I had no idea that I am capable of that much destruction after all of this. I ball my hands into fists. What if I had hurt Tiny? I would never forgive myself.

"I-I don't remember any of that. I...would never kill another person..." I trail off.

Tiny lays a hand on my shoulder and pats it. "It's ok Essix. I know it wasn't the true you. It was that weird green glow with your eyes."

What is this strange feeling that I've heard of this before?

"Wait. You said my eyes turned green?" I ask.

"Yeah I said that earlier it you didn't seem interested in that part. Why the sudden change in your voice there?"

"What color green?" I ask more intently.

"Uhh they were the color of emeralds why? Is that important?" Tiny asks curiously.

I prop my hand on my chin deep in though. Green glowing eyes the color of emeralds...where had I heard that before? Then it hit me. Suddenly I knew why that color was so significant.

I had heard legends when I had gone on missions for the village army in the small towns outside of the Jade Desert. They told us tales of a strange ancient power that could control wild beasts and people like they were anyone's natural servants. According to the legends, the power to control minds came from a large crystal deep in a forgotten shrine in the desert.

The shrine was a product of a dark magic cult that focused on the crystal's natural power of hypnosis and their dark magic rituals. They managed to fuse the two together to create a mind control crystal. Which they used to solidify their standing and increase their power. And it worked for many years. That is until they all started fighting over the crystal and they ended up killing each other to see who would be the one to possess it.

Those who braved the dangers of the desert and managed to get their hands on a piece of that crystal could use it to control anyone they wanted. In cases where the crystal was used for mind control, the controlled creature's eyes glowed emerald green. In every story of that happening  the controlled creatures were unstoppable. They leveled villages and killed anyone that stood in their way.

I look down at the collar around my neck. I could barely see it but I faintly see a green glow coming from the collar. It's exactly what I feared.

"Tiny they're going to use me for a war machine." I reply. Without giving him time for questions I continue "That's why they captured me, injected me with a strength enhancing serum, mutated me, and put this thing around my neck. All so whoever's behind this madness could have an unstoppable minion at his disposal."

It all made sense now. Those experiments performed on me were to prepare me for when I'm sent out into the world. I'd be the unstoppable monster. I'd be the one to do who knows what for someone. The thought of me killing innocent people for no reason...it makes me furious.

"So who's behind it all? Is it the one who kidnapped us?" Tiny asks.

"That is one question I don't quite know the answer to yet Tiny. But I have hunch we're going to find out." I say.

~~~~~~~~~

What's up Wattpaders?!

I think this was a nice drama filled chapter. Did you guys like my legend I made up?

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter!! Like always please vote, comment, and please continue reading!!

I love you all and appreciate your support!!

------ScarletApollo99 😜