Chapter 26

"I guess you have a plan oh wise elder?" Star asks sarcastically.

Captain scowls and lashes out with a long stick he suddenly pulled out of nowhere it seemed like.

"Ow! What was that for?!" Star exclaims while rubbing her head.

"Don't mock me child or next time I'm taking out your legs next." Captain says while pointing his stick at her in a rather threatening way.

Star swallows "Um y-yes sir. Never doing that again."

"That's what I thought you said." Captain replies with a nod.

Captain then takes his stick and draws out a pattern in the dirt. When he finishes the completed pattern looks like a diamond with 3 diagonal lines inside it. They almost look like slash marks from a creature's claws.

"Nice drawing Captain!" Tiny says enthusiastically. "Although we should really be getting to save everyone."

Captain chuckles and ruffles Tiny's fur on the top of his head. "Thanks my friend, but this is part of my plan."

Captain proceeds to rummage around in the small pocket of his cloak until he pulls out a vial that has a golden powder like substance in it. He takes the top off of it and proceeds to pour some of it on top of the symbol. He then kneels down and scratches some other strange symbols, almost like an ancient form of writing, into the dirt beside it.

The symbol suddenly lights up a bright blue and then goes out.

"Oook...so what did that do?" Star asks clearly not impressed.

As if to answer Star's question, there was a large silhouette on the horizon of a winged creature flying towards them.

"What is that?" Star asks nervously.

A few seconds later a giant dragon lands in front of them. It had gold flecks splashed all over its body that made its navy blue scales look like they were shimmering. It lowered its huge head and stared right at Captain.

"Captain what did you do?!" I exclaim terrified.

The dragon growls and shows its teeth at Captain. Star, Tiny, and I cover our eyes because we suspect this isn't going to end well.

Captain raises a hand and does the unthinkable. He begins to scratch the dragon on its nose!

The dragon wags its tail like a dog and Captain continues to scratch it like nothing is wrong with this picture.

"Captain...care to explain why there's a dragon here?" Star says.

"This is Rezzyn the feared terror of the desert." Captain says while patting Rezzyn's nose.

We just sit there shocked unable to even think of something to say.

"So...you use that special gold powder to summon him?" Tiny asks.

"Yes. Along with the rune I drew into the sand." Captain says with a nod.

"If you're so buddy buddy with him then why didn't he protect the village?" I ask.

"Well...Rezzyn was off doing something important..." Captain says.

We all give him questionable looks.

Captain scratches his head. "It's because the substance used to help summon him is rare."

I kneel down and examine the gold powdery substance inside the rune. "Try again there Cap. This looks like sand from the desert."

We all look at him again.

After a little bit of an intense uncomfortable stare down from us, Captain finally caves.

"Alright fine ya got me...it's mostly because the chief would kill me if I brought Rezzyn here. He and the other village elders have no idea I've befriended him." Captain says sheepishly.

"Of course. Not only does is he friends with a killer dragon he lies to his own people. Elder of the year award definitely goes to you." Star mumbles sarcastically.

"So we're riding on Rezzyn to get to our destination then." I say uncertainly.

"Yes. Don't worry Rezzyn won't bite. Isn't that right Rezzy boy?" Captain says while scratching him some more. Rezzyn closes his eyes and wags his tail again in a happy way.

Wow I'm never going to believe this is real. How does Captain know Rezzyn the legendary desert dragon?

"So how exactly did you get all buddy buddy with that desert monstrosity?" Star asks.

Rezzyn bares his teeth and growls at Star which makes her shrink back in terror.

Captain chuckles. "Best not to insult the most powerful dragon alive there Star."

"Yeah...uh...my mistake..." Star replies quickly while hiding behind me.

"I met Rezzyn many years ago while I was out on an expedition in the Jade Desert. I came across this temple that was half buried in the sand and inside I found old Rezzy here." Captain pause to scratch Rezzyn. "At first he almost tried to kill me, but then he warmed up to me and we've been friends ever since. He even taught me how to summon him whenever I needed help...or if I was lonely and needed company."

"Captain you never cease to amaze me." I say while shaking my head in disbelief.

Captain climbs up on top of Rezzyn's back and motions up to us. "Come on let's get moving."

Hesitantly we all follow his lead. When we get settled Captain pats the side of Rezzyn's shoulder. Rezzyn flaps his massive wings and lifts off into the air.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hola Wattpaders!!

I motivated myself enough to put another chapter up for y'all to read!! Aren't you guys proud of me? Lol

I hope you enjoyed the chapter!! I liked how sassy I made Captain 😂

As I always say...
Please vote and comment!! Thanks for reading guys, I really appreciate it!!

Catch you guys *puts on sunglasses* on the flip side...

Yeah I know I'm lame for putting that in there 😂

----- ScarletApollo99 😎