Chapter 29

Then it was like time stopped. Everyone went silent and I became locked in an intense pre-duel standoff with Azula. The tension is thick and heavy in the room. I could've easily cut it with a knife!

I look down and see my sword glinting in the holster. I grasp the handle and pull  it from the holster and it glows faintly in my hand. This has gotta be Erin's way of saying that he's with me.

Azula's gaze falls on my sword and her expression changes to an impressed look. "Ah Sunfall, the legendary sword said to have belonged to Onyx herself." She crosses her arms "I'll admit that I'm impressed that you possess such a sword, but that sword won't do you any good against me!!"

That's when Azula attacks. She lunges at me with incredible speed. I barely have time to register the glint of metal coming towards me. I quickly bring my sword up and manage to deflect her blow. Azula jumps back and lands in a fighting stance clutching what looks like a dagger.

Crap. She's a lot faster than I expected.

Azula smirks. "Wow it's been a while since I've found someone who can keep up with me. I'm actually surprised someone like you possesses any skill at all."

I feel my irritation flare up. Before I can gather my strength for an attack, she darts forward and attacks me again. This time I feel a sharp pain as Azula's dagger grazes my shoulder. I lash out with my fist and punch Azula forcing her backwards.

I grit my teeth and glance down at my shoulder. There's an angry red line that's oozing blood where the blade cut me. And it's stinging like crazy.

I suck in a breath and try to ignore the now searing pain coming from my shoulder. I grip my sword harder and charge forward at Azula. I perform a series of swift sword slashes. She counters every one of them as I expected, but after the last sword attack I lash out with a strong kick to Azula's stomach.

Her eyes widen with surprise as the breath gets knocked out of her and she tumbles backwards.

She gets up off of the floor. I notice she's rubbing her side. "I admit you have some impressive sword skills. You're actually starting to annoy me." She hisses.

The pain from my wound is now extremely bad. I won't be able to ignore it for much longer. Strangely it feels like I'm getting weaker every second.

Suddenly my vision blurs. I shake my head to try and clear it up but it doesn't get any better. The world begins to spin. I stumble and use my sword as a prop to keep myself from falling.

Azula smirks. "Looks like this duel is over."

My knees give way and I collapse onto the floor.

"Essix!!" I hear Tiny yell.

I grimace. My shoulder is burning like fire. I try to get back up but I have no strength to move. It's like it's been zapped away.

"What...what happened to me?" I manage to say shakily.

Azula smiles evily. "One fact you might find interesting is that my dagger is enchanted with a deadly poison. If I don't kill you, it will."

Kill me? I thought they needed me alive!

She pauses and kneels down beside me. "It's really a shame you aren't going to be around anymore. I was rather enjoying our duel...your fiery spirit and personality are really something. Fighting someone with the same skill level as mine is very entertaining."

"If you kill me your boss is going to kill both of you." I say while trying to find some leverage.

Azula laughs. "Who said anything about killing you? I was talking about your current self. Once we knock you out and bring you to Rabies you'll be just like us."

She stands up and sighs. "Oh well...your time has come I suppose. Hope you enjoy reveling in darkness." She waves a hand at someone behind her. "Briggan, finish her off!"

Briggan suddenly appears by his sister's side. "I thought we weren't supposed to poison her." He says nervously.

"Well plans change. It'll be easier for us this way." Azula replies with a shrug.

Briggan looks at me and deep in his eyes I can see that he was different. He wasn't a cold hearted warrior. He put up a good act but he couldn't hide the truth from me.

He hesitates. Then he raises his hands and a ball of dark energy forms between them.

My whole body fills with dread. He's using magic. And not just any magic but the spell he's doing is called Eclipse. When that hits me it'll cause me so much pain I'll black out for almost a month. During that time I'll experience all kinds of nightmares that will seem like they never end.

Briggan has almost charged up the attack to full power. I can hear concerned shouts from Captain, Star, and Tiny. I try to move, but I can't.

That's when the scary reality of the moment washes over me.

When he releases the Eclipse spell on me, it's all over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!!

WOOH chapter updates!!

I'll be nice to you guys this time, after you're done with this author's note there's another action packed chapter for you guys to read.

Continue reading for the next action packed chapter!!

Oh and please vote and comment!!

--------ScarletApollo99