7-The Big Leap

CASTELLO

* * *

IF YOU WOULD PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO LEAVE AN ASTERIX* ON ANY OF MY GRAMMAR/SPELLING MISTAKES

* * *

"Just hear me out," I barked out as quickly as I could before Tyson could even think about jumping me. I knew he wasn't going to like this thing I had with Alexandra, and that's exactly why I'd tried to keep my distance. I, however, hadn't gotten the memo Jill was supposed to pass along about not showing up to the park. Sneaky little wench got exactly what she wanted. I knew she'd be rooting for us, whether her husband liked it or not.

When I'd showed up to the park I'd spotted Tysons truck no problem, but they were nowhere in sight, leaving me to have to hunt them down. It wasn't hard with only two directions to choose from, and I'd just so happened to be lucky enough to pick correctly the first time.

After about ten minutes of walking the trail I'd stopped dead in my tracks at the sight off to my left. It was a picnic set up in a cute little hidey hole just off the path, but what caught my eye was the two people about to strip naked right there on the spot.

It was my Alexandra, and she was about to make a huge mistake. The guy was fit, that much was easy enough to tell, but she wasn't responding to him. He had to know he was basically kissing a limp log on the ground judging by how stiff she was lying underneath him. The situation would have made me laugh if it wasn't my Alex lying underneath him.

My blood was boiling, my ears were ringing, and my lungs burnt from the force of trying to breathe. Growling I stomped over to the two, clearing my throat when they made no indication they noticed me. Instantly the two shot apart from each other, leaving just enough room for me to bend down and grab her arm. She fought against me, as expected, but what really grinded my gears was the asshole backed down after I looked at him.

All I did was look at him!

For all he knew I could be some deranged killer getting off on stealing chicks away literally right from beneath them. That thought pissed me off more than anything else. Alex needed a man, someone who could and would look after her, and Mr. man bun wasn't it.

I was, and it only took seeing someone else enjoying what I'd had all to myself for the past several weeks to realize that.

I hadn't brought Ryta along, knowing all too well nature wasn't her thing. If it didn't have to do with high end restaurants or spending several hundred dollars, it wasn't worth her time. She was materialistic, and only wanted me on her arm for the attention it brought her. Nothing had changed about her since I left except how much more surgical plastic she'd stuck up her ass to make herself try to look young.

No, she wasn't what I wanted. And I'd been a fool to not step up and confront the problem head on the first time around. Now, it might be too late, but I wasn't going down without a fight. I was only hopeful it wasn't too late by how instantly she'd responded to me when I'd kissed her. I was sure she'd pull away, punch me, kick me, anything other than what she did.

But no, I'm talking about Alexandra. The girl that never ceased to amaze and wonder me. She kissed me back like her life depended on it, and that's what I was clinging to now as I stood face to face with a very angry Tyson in his living room as Alex and Jill stood to the side in case push came to shove and fists were thrown.

I was sure with how protective Tyson was it wasn't unlikely. But I was done rolling over just because I was scared he'd get mad and hit me. Hell, after what I did to my Alex, I deserved it.