10-Eye for an Eye

CASTELLO

* * *

IF YOU WOULD PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO LEAVE AN ASETRIX* ON ANY OF MY GRAMMAR/SPELLING MISTAKES

* * *

She loved me? As I sat there tied to that damn chair contemplating the few options Mark had left me with I should have been focusing on our escape, but I couldn't get over those words. She loved me. My Alex loved me! To say I was ecstatic was an understatement, even in our predicament.

She was talking now that the tube was removed, so that was good news, but I didn't know to what extent that SUX shit had worn off. From what he'd explained it could wear off quickly. I'd only hoped it was wearing off quicker than she let on, because I didn't know if I could protect her if I had to carry her out of this situation.

Looking over to my right I gave a small reassuring smile to a frightened Tyson and Jill. I could understand their apprehension of all of this, but I couldn't get out of my own head. I was being put right back into enemy territory when I'd been enlisted. It was my capture all over again. Fellow men laying defenseless all around me while I sat defenseless against the enemy as he held a gun to me. The gun in this instance was this man's infatuation with my woman.

He'd had me fooled, that was for sure. I'd never suspected a thing when we'd worked together back at the resort, but that only goes to show how much of a psycho he truly was. Looking over at my woman I noticed the slight tug on her shirt sleeve leading me to believe she was working away at the knot. I had to distract him, because she was awful at hiding her jittery movements while fighting that paralytic in her system.

"Is this really what you call love, Mark? Obsessing over a woman who doesn't even recognize you as a conquest?" That did the trick. He stormed over to me, fists clenched as he shot his angry gray eyes at me. He looked a lot worse than the last time I'd seen him at the resort.

His gray eyes were blood shot from what I could only assume was drugs, and his normally styled brown hair was disheveled and greasy as though he hadn't bathed in days. I was sure as I took in everything about him that he was under some sort of drug influence. Something that made this situation even more dangerous than it already was, because now he was unpredictable.

"Yes, love!" He screamed in my face, giving me his undivided attention. "I love that woman with everything I am and she just throws herself at you like some cheap whore!" As much as I wanted to glance over and see how well the knot untying was going I couldn't risk Mark noticing. "I've done everything for her! I got rid of that scumbag Darius, and I would never hate her like James did!"

Who these men he mentioned were I wasn't sure, but from what I'd heard between the two as they spoke briefly they were romantically involved. Why did the man he spoke of, Darius, hate her?

"You're curious," he suddenly cooed in my face, flashing me a yellow, jagged smile. Last time I'd seen him his teeth had been pearly white and straight. What kind of drug could degrade someone so quickly I didn't even want to think about. "You want me to tell you about Darius? Oh, he was one of a kind. He loved our girl just as much as you probably think you do, until he found out about Alexandra's nineteenth birthday party."

Hearing him call Alex our girl did things to me that made me envision his death right there, but even as I finished untying the last little knot of my restraints, I knew better than to lunge straight for him. He still had my gun cocked and ready to go.

"Our girl has always been shy, timid even, but on her nineteenth birthday she decided to do a little partying. After her parents died at seventeen she'd been forced to take on their debt, as well as continue to support herself, so she felt it only fare to get to have one night of fun after two years of hard work, but what she didn't know was that night a monster was creeping."