11-Happily Ever After

ALEX

* * *

IF YOU WOULD PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO LEAVE AN ASTERIX* ON ANY OF MY GRAMMAR/SPELLING MISTAKES

* * *

Staring down into the plastic thing that scarily resembled a casket I shed a single tear for the love of my life. Laying stretched out looking lifeless with shut eyes I let myself think about the what ifs.

What if we'd gotten here a few minutes quicker? What if we'd made that green light that had turned red too quickly? What if anything had happened differently? Maybe he wouldn't be lying in this thing with tubes down his throat to support his breathing.

A large hand came to rest on my shoulder, giving me a reassuring squeeze. "He's strong, mia bella. He's got one of the strongest mothers I know for him to not make it out of this," Castello whispered into my ear as we both watched over our son in the incubation chamber. He'd been born premature. Implications at birth, the doctors had called it, but I couldn't stop myself from thinking about the what ifs.

I sent a prayer to God to watch over him as the nurse told us visitation was over. Castello sighed, dropping his head to give me a kiss on the cheek before pushing my wheelchair back towards my room.

"He's going to make it through this, just like you did that night I thought I'd lost you." He was referring to the night Mark kidnapped us, and tried to kill us along with Tyson and Jill. That night was nearly two years ago, but it still haunted me at how close I came to losing everything I held near and dear to my heart.

When he'd launched himself at Mark the gun had went off as it went skittering across the room. Both of them had fallen to the ground, lying still leaving me to think the worst in those impossibly long ten seconds it took for Castello to push Marks' lifeless body off of him.

That night had also been the night we'd confessed our love for one another. What had started out as something sadistic and evil had turned into something beautiful and eye opening. I learned how to truly trust someone with my past and acceptance with the things I couldn't change. Castello loved me even through the ugly truth, and that is more than I could ever ask for.

Wheeling me back into my hospital room I was met with a sleeping Tyson and Jill in the combined hospital bed. It seemed they really weren't going to leave. After I'd spent a grueling twenty-six hours in labor I'd begged them to go home and get some sleep, but they'd refused. Castello chuckled at the sight before he picked me up and gently laid me back into my own bed.

Leaning in he gave a light peck to my lips, but I'd managed to snag the collar of his shirt before he could pull away, forcing him to deepen the kiss with a smile. Need shot straight through my stomach to my core that only a mere ten hours ago had been stretched to its limit. It surprised me at how responsive I was to him even when I was so physically exhausted.

Groaning he forced himself away from me, resting his forehead against mine. "Dear God, mia bella, you are going to be the end of me. I promise as soon as the doctor gives the okay I am going to have my dirty way with you, but for now we have to stop doing this so I don't hurt you."

"I swear I will never get used to hearing you talk to my Alex like that no matter how long it's been." Tyson moaned, sitting up in the bed to rub at his eyes. I sent a small chuckle his way as I made myself comfortable in bed, patting my side for Castello to join me.

"You really don't have to subject yourself to sleeping in the spare hospital bed. We're fine here, really. Go home and get a good night's rest for my sake."

Castello chuckled at Tyson shaking his head. "I can take care of my wife without your supervision, Ty." I found myself involuntarily twirling the ring on my finger at that.

He'd proposed to me a week after that fateful night, promising me forever and a day over a candlelight dinner on Isabella, Papas boat. It had been better than I'd ever dreamed or written about. In all my life before Castello I'd never imagined I could have that happily ever after authors, myself included, wrote about at times.

Now, I couldn't be happier with my life. I had the perfect husband, the perfect son, and perfect parents to love their grandson. We were the perfect little family. I'd promised Tyson and Jill I'd move back home to Italy that very night standing outside the garage with Mark lying lifeless on the cold, plastic covered floor. We'd cried until we had nothing left to cry before falling asleep, a pile of bodies cuddled up in front of the living room fire.

Closing my eyes, I forced myself to the present, focusing on the heat that my husband radiated at my side. "I love you," he whispered into my hair, planting a light kiss after his words.

A smile found its way onto my lips. "I love you." and with that I let sleep take over my exhausted body, dreaming about sitting on my back patio, burger in hand with my family surrounding me as we watched little Tyler run around the backyard with his kite flying high in the Italian summer sky.

* * *

The ending is finally here! Just a bonus chapter to go I haven't mentioned before now. I want to say a quick thank you to anyone that has made it this far and can enjoy Alex and Castellos' love story. It has been a long journey for me to finish this book, and I'm happy to say I'm actually really proud of what it's become. If you loved it as much as I did writing it check out my other stories in the ILLICIT SERIES I'm going to start now that this is done. There is sure to be more references to our happy family in the future because I feel like I love them too much to not write about them again.

* * *

Q&A

LET'S GET TO KNOW ONE ANOTHER! Here is where I will list a few questions to ask you guys so I can get to know each and every one of you.

0. Comment here with any questions you have for me.

1. Did I manage to properly scare you guys in the beginning?

2. I know it's short and sweet, but what did you think?

3. Did this story end how you expected?

4. Favorite books to read on wattpad? I always need something new (and finished).

5. What was the idea for your first ever story you completed? This is mine. Literally never uploaded a completed story before this so it's a major leap for me.

* * *

PLEASE VOTE

&

COMMENT

And don't forget to add this book to your reading lists if you want notifications. Also, I will gladly accept anyone who is willing to critique with me in trade for the same thing. I am always looking for help in perfecting my work.