Character List

(Note: You don't have to read this list. It's simply here as a reference guide, and will be regularly updated with the story. It's just a handy little guide so if you ever think to yourself, "Who was this character again?" you can just check it here. But you can go on ahead to the Prologue without missing anything.)

Sakuya - Blossom princess, wife of Ninigi, mother to: Hoderi, Hosuseri, and Hoori. (Prologue)

-----

Ninigi - Grandson of the sun goddess Amaterasu, pacifier of Japan, husband of Sakuya, and father to: Hoderi, Hosuseri, and Hoori. (Prologue)

-----

Namonai - Mercenary, thief, assassin (denies it), dodger of debts, and whatever you're paying him to be. The protagonist. Parents, history, and real name unknown. Wears a Kistune/fox mask, disguising himself as an agent of Inari. How he got the mask: unknown. Greedy, loyal, deceptively intelligent, and vain. His best friend is the bartender and proprietor Naiomi, though he won't admit it. (Chapters 1-17)

-----

Naiomi - The owner and bartender of the Burnt Rice Tavern. She is a dark Kitsune, who are oppressed and killed when they are found by Inari's agents. Believed to be harbingers of doom and misfortune. She is intelligent, resourceful, tough, incredibly loyal, and acts as a mother for Namonai and his friends. Best friends with Namonai, and knows his real name and past. (Chapters 2,4,9,12-14, 17)

-----

Wikolia/ The Wyvern - Wikolia used to serve the Hawaiian goddess of the Underworld, Milu, until Milu was replaced. She became a Night Stalker, one of the guards and torturers of the Underworld. Closely related to the Gorgons, her sight freezes the souls of others. The Wyvern left the Underworld for unknown reasons. She is reserved, uptight, virtuous, and hates that she has to be a thief for hire in Legend Land. She has a large distaste for Namonai's greed. (Chapters 5-9,11-13, 17)

-----

Esilea - Former queen of the Amazons. She disgraced herself in combat, and was nearly killed in battle by a famed warrior. She was exiled from her tribe, and wandered the world collecting weapons to store in her magic satchel, serving as a guard for hire. Now protects Icarus. Esilea is violent, passionate, an accomplished military strategist, and believes in living life's pleasures. She likes children and large carnivores. (Chapters 3-4,11-14, 17)

-----

Icarus - Crippled by his fall to the ocean, he is a genius prodigy and inventor. His brain holds many secrets, some of which even he is not aware. He is a gifted mechanic, and is able to craft many useful gadgets, weapons, and armor. Despite his hard life he is kind, charitable, and gullible. He dreams of walking again one day. (Chapter 3-4,11-14, 17)

-----

Aberlocke - The butler and manservant of Midas. Older, though not frail; often wears tuxedos and monocles. Is a stickler for tradition and propriety. Easily annoyed by Namonai. Fiercely loyal to Midas. (Chapter 2,5,8)

-----

Midas - An intelligent and ruthless man, as well as one of Malor's wealthiest residents. He lives outside of the city, in a large and ornate mansion. Midas is vain, intelligent, and ruthless. He enjoys flaunting his wealth, and lording his power over others. Often he is cool headed and almost sloth-like, but when his ambitions are in jeopardy, or his word is questioned, he quickly loses control. Wears alchemically altered gloves. Has the power to turn objects to gold. (Chapter 2,5-6,8)