Chapter Eleven

Keira West

"Dylan!" I shriek at the top of my lungs. I fall to my knees with him and lean over him. I rip off a piece of my sweatshirt and cover his wound with it.

Apply pressure, Keira. Stop the blood.

He gives me a soft smile. "Even while crying, you're still beautiful." He says, wiping a tear off my cheek. I hadn't even realized I'd been crying.

"Dylan, stay awake.  Please." I beg.  Fresh tears pour down my cheeks again.  I don't wipe them away but I stop.  I need to stay strong. 

I press my sweatshirt against his skin.  Where is everyone?  I call again for help. 

"Don't worry about me, Keira.  Go back to everyone else.  It's dangerous alone."  Dylan tells me. 

I shake my head.  "I'm not alone, I have you."

He laughs sarcastically.  "If you were attacked, I wouldn't be able to help you." He says.  "Go find Alex or Colton or someone who can help you."

He said it genuinely.  He wasn't jealous, he cared.  His eyes sparkled as he spoke to me.

"I've noticed you in school, Keira.  But ever since this vacation I've learned that I liked you.  A lot.  And I'm willing to die knowing that the last person I'd see would be you."  He says.

I shake my head.  "Stop, Dylan.  Don't say that.  You're going to survive."  I say.  Tears cascade down my cheeks again, but I don't care. 

I grip his hand and Carter rushes in with some medical supplies from the first aid kit. 

"This is all my fault." I say.  My vision is blurred from the tears.  I tighten my hold on Dylan's hand. 

"He punctured an organ." Carter muses to himself.  He's working away. 

Dylan averts his gaze to me.  He tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear. 

"Don't cry, Keira.  I don't want to see you sad." He says.  I offer him a weak smile before wrapping my arms around him. 

"Dylan, please stay awake.  Fight for your life."  I say.  "Please, I don't want to lose you." I cry.

Dylan nods and keeps his eyes open. 

"Remember, when we were in third grade, and everyone was in some kind of cult except you?" He asks.  I nod, not sure where this was going.

"You were the only one smart enough not to join.  You knew we were going to get detention.  I've admired you for your observation skills." He confesses.

"Thank you, Dylan." I say, smiling sincerely.

Carter continues to work on him, but Dylan remains unaffected by whatever is going on with his body.

"Keira, don't forget about me when I'm gone."

"No, you're not going to die. Right Carter, he's not going to die?" I confirm.

Carter shrugs. "It's about 50/50 right now."

I let out another cry. If I hadn't kissed Dylan none of this would've happened. None of this.

"Dylan, please." I beg. "Please stay alive."

"I'm trying, Keira." He says. "I'm trying for you." He tells me.

I kiss him on the cheek and pull back. Dylan shakes his head.

"Please. Don't stop." He says and I lean in and kiss him on the lips. I feel his lips curve up happily as we kiss.

After we pull away, he smiles.

"I'm happy that you're the last person I'll kiss and the last person I'll see." He says.

"No!" I scream as his eyes shut.

"No, no, no." I whisper, sobbing onto his body.

"He has no pulse. I'm sorry." Carter whispers.

I ignore him. I continue crying on the floor until someone else comes in.

"It's too dangerous for you to be alone out here." The deep unidentifiable voice says before helping me up.

I let the mysterious person bring me back into the main room where I continue to cry uncontrollably.

IM SORRY GUYS! But for other things to happen, he had to die.

QotC: How emotional was this chapter?

I tried making this really emotional, but I'm not a good writer so idk.

And this chapter was upload about an hour after the last one so no cliffhangers for you guys! You're welcome!

And thank you for getting my book to #649 in Mystery/Thriller!