Chapter Twenty

Keira West

I sneak out of the hallway and upstairs into one of the offices. It's very large and it should buy the others some time.

I watch from the top of the stairs as Ashton and Alex lead Summer and Carter down the corridor and to the room.

I re-enter the office once the coast is clear. For about five minutes, I sit there bored. I internally pray that Cameron or Sarah hasn't gotten to them.

My prayers are correct when Cameron bursts through the door.

"Can't escape now, can you?" Cameron taunts. I try to control my anger and I turn around, facing him.

"Nope. I guess I can't." I say bitter sweetly, grabbing my knife from my boot.

He lunges for me and I quickly dodge him. He crashes into a wall. I burst out laughing.

"Oh my, I should've gotten a video of that." I say, clapping my hands mockingly. He scowls.

He hasn't learned his lesson, clearly. He goes after me again and I dodge. He catches himself before he can slam against the wall again.

"You little-"

I tighten my grip on the knife and hold it up high, so he can see it.

He catches me off guard and pushes me against the wall. The knife is knocked out of my hand in the process. Alex or Ashton should've contacted the police by now.....

He holds me against the wall with one hand and holds up something with the other.

A syringe.

"This won't hurt at all." He precautions me, smiling innocently. No, no, no.

I can tell from the amount that there is way too much in there than there should be.

I re-possess my strength and kick him where the sun doesn't shine.

He moans in pain and I take this as an opportunity to run. I rush down the stairs, but I'm pulled into a dark room.

"You're going to die, Keira. Face it. We can do this the easy way or the hard way." Cameron says, approaching me.

"I'll go with the hard way." I say, stomping on his foot and pushing open the door. I run out and go upstairs instead. He won't catch me there.

But I was wrong, of course. He follows me and is quick on my tail.

"Keira, I've always admired that about you. You hold your dignity." He says, plastering a smile over his face.

I scoff and resist the urge to scowl.

"Oh please, you're just some killer who'll be arrested soon anyway. We all know it was you." I say rebelliously.

He takes a step closer to me. I take a step farther away from him.

"Oh, Keira. This will be the death of you. Literally." He says, chuckling.

Before I can do anything, he slams me against the wall, again. My head leans back and hits the wall. My vision blurs but I fight to remain consciousness.

"Any last words?" He says, as if this was some kind of Disney movie where my words would be listened to.

"Yep. Have fun being in custody of the police." I retort. His eyes grow angrier and he injects the syringe into me. He lets go of me and I fall to the ground.

Black dots fill my vision but I fight to stay alive. I'm about to drift into unconsciousness when a figure enters the room, and I know who he is.

"Alex? What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I said I wouldn't let you die." He says, kneeling beside me.

"What about Cameron and Sarah?" I ask.

"Ashton and Carter are having a fun time with them. The police are on their way." He says.

"I'm going to die, there's no point for you to stay here." I say.

"I said I wouldn't let you die." He says, picking me up bridal style and going downstairs.

I fight to remain conscious, but it's extremely difficult to do so. But I do it, and soon enough we're downstairs.

DRAMA IN THIS CHAPTER!!

2 chapters in a day and I'm going onto the next one!!

Happy Friday!  I just got on spring break so I'm hoping to finish the story soon!