Chapter Twenty One

Twenty One Pilots? Sorry guys......

Keira West

Alex brings me outside and there's an epic battle going on. Sarah looks defeated and is chatting with Summer instead.

Cameron immediately walks over to Alex once he sees us and punches him in the face. Alex drops me and begins to fight with Cameron.

Ashton runs over to me.  "The police are on their way.  Don't worry about them, it's a distraction." 

I nod and battle with myself to keep my eyes open.  Out of my blurry vision I see Cameron stab Alex in the stomach.

Oh my god. 

I scream.  "Alex!"  I say. 

Police cars come swerving in and two beefy people arrest Cameron and Sarah.  They're shoved into the back of a police car. 

A group of paramedics surround Alex and another group surround me.

"Get away from me!" I plead.  "Please, go help Alex.  He's gonna die!" I scream.

Ashton walks over to me and tries to calm me down.  "It's okay, Keira.  Summer and Carter are going to ride in the ambulance with you."  He says.

I struggle against the paramedics.  They look annoyed but they continue doing what they're doing, which I have no clue what it is that they're doing.

Summer and Carter rush over to me quickly. They hover over my body before kneeling down next to me.

"Keira? Thank you so much, you saved our lives. I wish we could save yours." Carter says to me.

"You're going in the ambulance now." Summer says and we all go into the back of the ambulance; Alex is already there.

"Alex?" I ask. He looks at me and smiles.

"You're still awake." He says.

I nod. "I don't want to die." I say nervously.

"You won't. But if you do, which you won't, at least you'll die a hero." He says, shrugging. I giggle at his awkwardness.

"How long has it been since you were I injected with this drug?" The paramedic asks me.

"About 15 minutes ago." I tell her.

"Then you should be unconscious soon. Hopefully you'll wake up." He says.

My world fades to black after that.

******

I wake up in a hospital room.  The walls are white, the furniture is white and everything else is white.

I love the color white, but this is too much. 

A figure walks into the room.  They're tall and have dark hair, that's all I can tell from the blob.

"Keira.  You're awake?"  He asks.

"Yes.  I think so.  Am I dead?"  I ask.  He laughs, sounding amused at the conversation.

"No, you're alive.  You barely survived, but you did."  He says, smiling.

My vision focuses and it's Ashton.  I'm happy to see him.

"How's Alex doing?"  I ask him. 

"Alive.  He just got out of surgery.  He's a little loopy; but he's healthy."  Ashton tells me. 

"That's good," I say.  "Can I see him?" 

Ashton nods and pulls out a wheelchair and gestures for me to sit in it.

"I don't need a wheelchair."  I say.

"Fine."  Ashton says, throwing his hands up in the air in a surrendering position.

I stand up and quickly lose my balance.  If Ashton hadn't have caught me, I might have died. 

What? It was possible!

I sigh in defeat and sit in the wheelchair.  I enter Alex's hospital room, 38G. 

"Alex? It's me, Keira."  I say.

Alex sits up and gives me a goofy smile.  His hair is tousled and adorable.

"Keir-Keir!  I love you!"  He says, his tone high and excited.  I laugh at his vulnerable, perky state.

"Hi, Alex."  I say, happily. 

"Can I tell you a secret?" He says.

"Sure." I say politely.

"But you can't tell anyone, especially Keira."  He says. 

"Uh, actually-"  I start, but he cuts me off.

"I'm in love with Keira."  He says, escaping his nine year old tone and sounding serious.

MY SHIP HAS SAILED

Ive literally gotten 100+ reads in a day! I love you guys so much!!