Chapter Fourteen

Keira West

Her waist long hair and hazel eyes said it all.

Sarah.

"Sarah?" I choke out. She was one of the people that I had least expected. And it was her? I couldn't believe it.

"It's me." She says sinisterly. "And now it's goodbye to you." She lunges at me again and I narrowly dodge her this time.

I quickly grab my knife, which was lodged between my boot and ankle, and hold it out. She hisses at me and I hold my knife closer to her. She does the same with her knife.

This is like a scene from The Hunger Games.  But it's real this time. 

I manage to scrape her with my knife and she also makes a long cut on my good arm.  Sarah takes off running before she can inflict any more damage onto me and before I could do anything else to her.

I watch her sprint down the corridor and she goes into a room.  Out of my curiosity, I follow her into the room. 

As I'm quietly following her, the wooden floor makes a creak.  I dive behind a bookshelf and crouch down.  Oh my god, I'm so stupid.

"Who's there?" She asks, holding out her knife.  I'm smart enough not to answer.  She holds out her knife for another five seconds before sighing and going back to what she was doing.

She doesn't look behind her anymore, thank god.  I'm careful to not make any more noise as she walks around the room. 

She then walks over to the window and pulls it open, allowing herself to escape. 

Wait- what?

The window was open. 

She looks through the window and I immediately hide behind a desk.  I carefully peek through a small hole in the desk. 

She locked the window.  She locked the freaking window. 

Then a plan suddenly comes to me.  If she comes back and leaves the window open, we can escape.  Someone will have to distract her, but then we'll escape.

I watch as Sarah's slim figure disappears from my vision.  She's probably going to change into Sarah. 

I sigh and stand up from my hiding spots.  My legs are slightly sore from crouching down for the past few minutes, but I shake it off and head back to the main room. 

I put my knife back in my boot and I walk to the main room.  Alex and Ashton look stressed out.  When I return, they both engulf me in a hug. 

"Uh," I say confused, "I'm not really into threesomes." 

It takes a half a second for them to realize what I've said for them to both stop hugging me. 

"We thought you died!" Ashton says dramatically.  I resist the urge to roll my eyes. 

"Where were you?" Alex demands.

"Well, after I went to the hallway, I saw the killer.  She took off running after I scraped her and I followed her.  I found a open window, but she locked it after she escaped.  But there has to be another open window somewhere if she can get in again from somewhere else." I rant. 

Alex looks down at me when I mention that I scraped her.   His eyes widen at my arm.

"You're bleeding? She got you?"  He asks.  Ashton has already gotten the first aid kit. 

"Did you see who the killer was?"  Ashton asks.

"Yes.  It was Sarah."  I say.  Alex and Ashton's gaze turn to Sarah, who is happily chatting away with Hailey and Summer.

"She did go to the bathroom after you left." Alex says.

"We need to get out of here."  I say, wincing as Ashton does something to my arm that creates a stinging sensation.

"We will.  We need to distract the killer."  Alex says.  Ashton turns his head and wiggles his eyebrows at me.

"We can have the girl who lived help distract the killer."  Ashton suggests. 

"Sure, because I'm perfect bait for the killer." I say sarcastically.  Alex nods and bit and Ashton nods quickly. 

"We need to escape.  Can you show us where the window is?"  He asks.

I exhale.  It's dangerous to go there, especially if Sarah sneaks up on us.  But if they want to escape, I'll have to show them.

"Okay."

QotC: Were you expecting to have Sarah as the murderer?

And I almost have 100 reads! I remember not so long ago when I was struggling with 9 reads.  A massive thank you!