Chapter Twenty Five

Keira West

The next morning I arrive at the hospital bright and early, not ready at all to return to that eerie house.

Alex's release time is 8:00am.  And then we'll be able to drive up to Maine, and back to that creepy house.

Ashton arrives shortly after me.  Carter and Summer come about 10 minutes after.

"Five more minutes until you're released!"  Ashton says excitedly.

As if on cue, the doctor walks in.  We all exhale happily, Alex is finally being released.

"We have your results back, everything is fine.  We'd like for you to come back in a week to check up in everything.  If something is wrong, come to us."  The doctor says pleasantly. 

"Thanks."  Alex says, leaping from his bed and into the bathroom.

"Poor kid, he really wanted to get out."  The doctor says, chuckling, grabbing some papers and leaving. 

A few minutes later, Alex returns.

"Shall we go?"  He asks.

We all head out to the parking lot and begin our expedition to the house. I shudder as the memories relapse.

There is yellow tape around the house, blocking it off. The door is open, but no police are there.

"Dead end, Carter." Alex says.

"Glad I brought these." He says, dangling police uniforms in his hands.

"How did you get those?" I gasp.

"My dad's a cop. He has like 20 of these."  He responds, shrugging and distributing the uniforms.

"Do we even need it? I mean, there is no one here."  Ashton asks defiantly.

"Well, I don't want to get caught so I'm going to wear one."  Carter says. 

I shrug and take a uniform from Carter.  Summer does so too, along with Alex and Sarah.  Ashton sighs and takes one also.

"Let's do this."  Sarah says.  "I want to see my sister again." 

We all run to the house and duck under the yellow tape.  We follow each other into the house, which hasn't changed at all. 

"Where would Sadie be?"  Sarah wonders aloud.  We all shrug, not knowing ourselves.

"The window!" I exclaim and we all head to our right and down the long hallway. 

Sure enough, outside the window are footprints.  It's very faint but they're visible.

"Follow those prints!" Alex says and we all climb out of the window and follow the trail of footprints. 

"Why would Sadie go here?" Summer asks.  Sadie's footprints lead deep into the forest. 

"I'm not sure, but this is our only lead."  Ashton replies.  He continues walking down the dirt trail, following the footprints.

We keep walking until we see her. Sadie.

"Sadie?" Sarah asks hopefully.

Sadie shakes her head and her eyes widen. She backs up from us. Quickly, she turns around and starts running away from us.

All of us immediately start chasing her, but it's no use. She's too fast and she's got a strong head start on us. We continue anyway.

"I see her!" Summer calls from the front of us. "She went to the right!"

We all turn right and see Sadie's figure continuing to sprint away from us. She turns her head around and looks at us. She then climbs up a tree.

She climbs up a fucking tree.

We all stop and skid to a halt when we see her.

"Sadie, please." Sarah says, her eyes glazed with wet tears. She doesn't cry though.

"I can't." Sadie responds, her voice hoarse and rough.

I've always known Sadie had issues. Unlike Sarah, she drank alcohol, did drugs and hung out with the wrong sort. I felt sorry for her.

"Sadie, come down. I miss you." Sarah pleads.

Sadie climbs down from the tree.

OOH PLOT TWIST!!

I wrote this while listening to MCR oops

This book is almost finished!! :(

PLEASE ANSWER THIS IMPORTANT QUESTION!!

What genre should I write next after this book?