Titles like "Distancing Yourself from Emotional Dependency"

Thanks to everyone for all the support ; unfortunately I'm very busy, and only come on to this website to update the story. 

Thanks for all the kind comment. :)

A man left work early.

Valkyrie couldn't remember his name. Steven or David or Richard. Something along those lines.

She slipped the picture out of her pocket, squinting through the drizzle, comparing back and forth. Steven or David or Richard walked quickly, head down, texting someone with one hand, carrying the umbrella with the other. It was him, and Valkyrie slipped the picture back into her jeans.

He got into his car, umbrella getting caught on the door.

Valkyrie started her motorcycle, the thrum of the engine sounding like a chest cold in the weather. Dirty puddle water splashed onto her jeans as she entered into traffic and followed behind the car.

Steven or David or Richard's car didn't speed or rush or forget to signal. He was a careful driver, all things considered. More careful than Valkyrie, hydroplaning, nearly losing control of her bike, water dripping down her helmet.

He pulled into a motel, and Valkyrie did a loop around the block, finding a spot to park.

She walked back, soaking wet, coat pulled close around her. She had left her camera in the seat of her motorcycle, but no one could tell the difference between her phone camera and the professional one, anyways.

She stepped in front of a car, waving a hand when the driver honked, and jogged into the motel carpark. There were four cars in the parking lot, and Richard or Steven or David's car was parked next to a cute buggy.

Valkyrie hurried in to the front office, teeth chattering.

The man stood next to a woman, arranging a room for a few hours with the clerk. Valkyrie wondered if she could take a picture without being noticed. The bell rang as someone else entered.

"Sure is a wet one out there, today."

Valkyrie's heart lurched.

Chris—she suddenly remembered—turned around, smiling tightly, before returning to paying for his room. The woman was a little more forgiving.

"Sure is," she said. Her tone was a little warmer with Valkyrie. "Looks like you got caught out, huh?"

Valkyrie forced a smile on her face. "Yeah. Didn't check the weather report."

"Well, miss, I have an umbrella you can borrow," Skulduggery said, sidling up. "I wouldn't want you catching a chill, would I?"

Chris touched the woman on her arm, and they left the office. Valkyrie hadn't even gotten the room number, which was the whole damn point.

Valkyrie glared at Skulduggery, but he didn't seem to notice, walking past her and to the clerk. "Good afternoon, young man. I'd like a room for, oh," he looked over his shoulder at Valkyrie, "say, two hours?"

Valkyrie blushed. She scowled harder.

Skulduggery nodded brightly. "What nice hourly rates this motel has," he said, handing the clerk his credit card.

The clerk rang Skulduggery up, handing him a key.

Valkyrie practically kicked the door open. She whirled on him. "What are you doing here?" she hissed.

Skulduggery pointed with his umbrella. "You ran in front of my car."

Valkyrie faltered—had she really not noticed the Bentley? "Regardless, I doubt you're here on business." Valkyrie licked her lip, looking around. "Have you been following me?"