Spain 3

Reading my poem was so nerve wracking that I ended up getting more and more shaky, until I listened to my own words. The sentences filled me up with tears, I couldn't believe they were my own.

"But a hopeful heart does not achieve anything. And so soon enough the Other.. becomes the One" I finished. When I looked up to the crowd, I smiled. They applauded after a moment. I did tweak it a bit at the end there, you can't always get what you want and will sometimes have to just accept what you have. I thanked everyone and rushed off stage with my award.

Backstage, Bradley was there waiting for me. I rushed into his arms and he congratulated me.

"That was beautiful baby, not as beautiful as you of course" I giggled at his corny compliment. Mum congratulated me as well. The Goodman's were in the crowd so I'd say hello to them later at my celebratory dinner.

*

"You did so well love!" Aunty Jack said. I smiled in return, I still felt a little nervous because I knew I was shaking on stage in front of hundreds of people.

"Yeah you did fantastic, relax. It's all over now so you can drink up" Jonny rubbed my back with one hand and passed me his wine glass, mine was finished already.
Bradley rubbed my back as well trying to comfort me like Jonny did. I sat between the two men, being sort of tossed between them by the rubs.

"Okay, okay. Thank you" I stopped them and grabbed a drink. Mum made a toast in honour of me and everyone clinked glasses. I clinked with Bradley and Jonny. I saw Jonny wink at me before I sipped. I choked and he laughed at me. "What the hell is in that?" I asked. It tasted ghastly.

"Ha!" Was all he said until Adam did the same as me, Jonny was practically crying with laughter, I poured my drink on his lap and he complained, "ugh, why'd you do that for? All I did was put soy sauce in your wine"

"Such a knob" I commented.

"King knob" Adam added.

"Jonny why do you have to be so difficult? It's Viv's special night" Aunty Jack defended me. I had a smug smile on my face which Jonny mocked. Jonny cut into his steak, I left him a surprise.

"Yeah it's my special night Pissface" I agreed. He put his steak in his mouth and spat it back out again.

"Ugh you tit!" Jonny shoved me playfully. I laughed and shoved him back, then remembered not to play too much; my boyfriend is right next to me. Jonny then drank his water and spat that out too. That confused me I didn't do anything to his water.

"One all" Adam announced. I applauded Adam. Jonny got up and went to the bathroom because my wine made a stain on his pants.

After dinner, the boys and I went to get a drink at the hotel bar and needless to say, I was drunk. Now when I drink vodka I usually just go to sleep but when I drink wine, I am out of control. Bradley was the first to leave, then Adam and soon it was just Jonny and I.

"Vivian!" Jonny scolded. I had gone out of the hotel to look for a karaoke bar.
"Viv, come back now! Don't make me carry you" my mouth went into an o shape. I was in trouble but I couldn't stop giggling. I tried escaping from his grasp but I gave in once he put me on his back.

"How are you carrying me if you are like 8 stone?" I laughed as he carried me back to the hotel. "I want a kebab and Arrested Development," I said after a minute or so, "it's such a funny show, you'd love it!" I squeezed his cheeks.

"Okay, okay. I'm the one that introduced you to that show" Jonny put me down but held my hand because I kept getting distracted by things on the street.

"No you didn't. Did you? Oh my goodness, did you?" I slapped his arm.

"Yes," he chuckled, "why is that hard to believe?"

"Because I'm cooler than you"

"What does that have to do with anything?" He laughed again. I shrugged and rubbed my eyes for a few seconds. As we got closer to the hotel I became quiet and walked closer to Jonny.

"Do you want to know a secret?" I whispered as I read the elevator broken sign. We strolled up the stairs at a steady pace.

"What's that then?"

"The poem was about you," I let out a sigh of relief. That felt so good to get out.

"What?" Jonny responded, shocked.

"The poem was about you, couldn't you tell? Love cannot defeat logic? We've been friends for ages and we've compromised it but we can't be together, it's simply not logical"

"Was I The Other? Or The One?" He asked, my poem is about learning to love someone while trying to forget about your one true love. I squeezed Jonny's hand as we came near to my room, I didn't end up answering but I kissed his cheek.

"Goodnight Jonny," I entered my bedroom and went to bed. Bradley wasn't there, he must be in the bathroom. Thank goodness everything can turn back to normal tomorrow once we go home.