Hygienical

"Hey" I entered sullenly.

"Hi love, are you alright?" Aunty Jackie asked me. I nodded and smiled then started to tear up. It had been a month since we got back and 1 week since Bradley had admitted that he cheated on me. It was still cutting me deep and I would have missed dinner tonight but Adam invited me over to listen to one of his jingles for a construction company.

"Oh sweetheart, I'm so sorry" she hugged me. Bradley's defense was that he was drunk and insecure, he thought I was cheating on him with Jonny because of our past together. I was hurt, I was broken from it. I know I had feelings for Jonny but I would have never acted on them when I was in a relationship.

"I don't know if I can stay too long tonight, I might leave right after the ad"

"The ads at about 10 o-clock babe" she said to me.

"Maybe just the crumble then" I made her smile.

*

I cleaned myself up before dinner, I tried really hard with my appearance tonight. I had a nice co ord set and a new lip colour that fit me really well. Everyone might see past it though. Hopefully nothing too dramatic happens tonight.

"Hey Mum! Alright Pest? Taken a shit?" Jonny came through the front door waving his hand in front of his nose, like I stunk out the room.

"Lovely" I smiled, "why are you so late Sir Piss"there was a girl behind him, "oh, hello. I'm Viv" she was pretty. Don't let the tears start again Viv, be strong.

"Hiya, I'm Jen" we shook hands.

"You haven't met before have you?" Jonny commented, I shook my head. I had heard of Jonny getting a new girlfriend that wasn't 50, I didn't think she'd be so gorgeous. Tonight might not go as well as I thought it would.

There was a knock at the door, Jonny and I frowned, "I'll get rid of him," I volunteered and opened the door.

"Hello, wowee. Hello uh Val?" Jim readjusted himself while trying to keep Wilson under wraps.

"It's Viv. What can I do for you Jim?" I looked down at my attire as I could feel his eyes on me, not in a threatening way, just a bit too noticeable. 

"I was just returning this Tupperware to Jackie, is she in?" He tried looking passed me. I closed the door a bit.

"I can take that for you. She's doing a massive duke so I wouldn't disturb her, goodnight Jim" I grinned and shut the door. I put the Tupperware in the sink just for a second wash.

"Is that Jim's Tupperware?" Aunty Jack asked. I was confused.

"Your Tupperware" I corrected, she shook her head.

"He keeps coming over here giving me Tupperware that's clearly his because his lids don't match"

"Should I just leave it outside the door?" I asked, just in case he comes back later.

"No no, love. I'll get Adam to drive passed his house on the way home tonight"

"Of course" Adam chimed in, "so, how do you like Jen so far?" He got up on the counter. I paid attention to my facial expression, making sure I didn't frown.

"She seems nice" I did a small smile but dropped eye contact to get a drink.

"Oh she's lovely!" Aunty Jackie sang, "not as lovely as you" she stroked my face and I chuckled.

"One more thing Pest," Adam caught me before I exited the kitchen with the veggies, "we've been a happy couple for a few years"

"Oh have we now? Can't believe I have to do this again. Why can't you guys just be honest in a relationship?" I complained.