Abstinence

"Jackieee" Mum cried when Aunty Jack opened the door. The two middle-aged women hugged once again. I walked in, closed the door and gave Aunty Jack a kiss before checking the house for the boys.  Mum called me from her house in tears so I went over at about 5.30 and then I called Aunty Jack because I couldn't take the crying anymore.

"Hey," I lounged on Adam and gave Johnny a kiss. These last few months have been fantastic. Just normal really. Haven't really planned our wedding but that's alright, we're both broke.

"Ugh get off," Adam pushed me and I fell on the floor.

"Jesus, what's up your arse?" I patted myself down. He just shooed me and went into the kitchen. I looked to Johnny for an answer but he just shrugged.

"What's tonight's episode about?" Johnny asked.

"The euro,"

"Again?" I nodded a yes.

"Mum said we should be part of the European Union and Larry disagreed saying that the euro was heading downhill. It brought up some old memories about Larry's background in economics,"

"Of which he has none," Johnny finished my sentence, "are you alright?" He noticed my scowl.

"Mum made profiteroles for dessert and now I don't get any," my voice cracked. Johnny pushed me into the couch even more. We both got up and headed to the kitchen, "so I've noticed that's there's no dinner being prepped. Should I worry?" I asked the general area. Martin was in a pair of stained pants.

"Hello Vivian," he greeted, he was scrubbing something off his trousers by the sink.

"How do you do, sir stained pants?" I bowed.

"He spilt some mince on them before you got here," Adam spoke while playing or texting on his phone.

"Mince? Are you having lasagne for dinner?" I beamed, I'm too hungry to care that my future father in law is practically naked in front of me.

"Yeah but..." Johnny pointed to Martin.

"He made it?" I mouthed, the boys nodded. We all exchanged disappointed and depressed looks, "why don't I just shove my fingers down my throat? It's the same outcome,"

"Viv," Adam was shocked at my mean comment.

"I'm sorry, sorry. I just haven't eaten since lunch," I rested my head on Johnny's shoulder who then sprayed whipped cream in my mouth, "mmm,"

"Can you two not?" Adam complained. Johnny and I gave each other an annoyed look.

"Battle stations," we spoke in unison. I had leapt on Adams back and he fell to the ground which resulted in me falling off so Johnny straddled Adam and I held his arms back.

"What is going on with you?" I asked him. He's gotten very strong so I struggled a lot.

"What? Get off me! Dad!" Adam called out. Martin was causing a fire in the kitchen so he wasn't focused on us.

"I'm busy! Ow, you shitting tit!" Martin burned himself on the hot lasagna tray.

"You've been acting like a tosser all night and I don't particularly care but it's been awhile since we've done this," Johnny admitted. We pecked each other in front of Adam, who then groaned.

"That's a clue! Female related!" I had my 'A-ha!' moment. Adam managed to get himself free and toss Johnny aside, "Has he been working out?" 

"Don't get any ideas," Johnny warned as we followed Pusface into the lounge again.

"Stop following me!"

"Tell us what's going on with you!" Johnny yelled back.

"Nothing! You don't need to know!" Pusface crossed his arms.

"What's with all the yelling!" Aunty Jack leaned over the railing from upstairs.