Wear Your Heart On Your Cheek

Nothing has ever brought me more happiness than the thought of the end of school. Every day I have fantasized about how great it would be to finally leave and live my life out in the countryside. I'd become a farmer and own tons of animals. Ah, the perfect life it would seem. Just me and my dog. She's my Winona. And judging by this entire paragraph, you would think people saw me as some sort of guy from Alabama with a strong accent. Boy, I wish I was. Instead of having some cool name like Harold Smith, I'm stuck with Peter Lewis Kingston Wentz III. It sounds like royalty instead. Nothing like how I am in reality.

My life isn't what anyone would want and is probably as dull as it could get. I appear live the same suburban lifestyle everyone else does. I go to school, go home, and then what? Nothing. It's just an endless cycle of wanting to be somewhere secluded with both my dog and my cow. You might be wondering, you have a cow? No, of course not. But when I do, their name will be Lola. I've been planning this out more than I have been studying for the AP tests. Not the best idea but I'm at the age where I have to care about my future.

Today started out like literally any other day. I would hear my parents yell at me to get up and I would. But I stayed in my bed for half an hour on my phone looking at pictures of farm animals. Some might call me slightly obsessed but I swear I'm not. Aside from how much planning I'm doing before my 18th birthday next year, I'd call my hobby quite neutral. All that's even concerning in the slightest, is the fact that my parents aren't at all too keen on my interests. They say that maybe farm life won't be all that great in the long run but there isn't a doubt in my mind that this is the correct step to take.

Once I actually got up, I just put on the same clothes I wear everyday. Women's skinny jeans, a No Doubt sweatshirt, and red converse. My clothes are really different than what my parents see me as. Instead of assuming I like 90's grunge punk, they'd think I prefer to listen to some accoustic covers. Not really what I would prefer at all. It's way too soft and boring. However, when I listen to say, Gwen Stefani singing, it's like another reality. Which it might be.

I skip breakfast again, not feeling all that hungry and not having any options anyways. Instead, I walk outside feeling the cool Chicago breeze hit me. It's getting a little colder out as it's November but it's absolutely lovely. The slight chill in the air makes everything a lot more pleasurable because I hate being somewhere too cold. This weather, however, is great. I better enjoy it while it lasts before January comes around.

The walk to school is silent as ever with no one else in sight, I feel more at peace with everything. Most of the time, I don't really talk all too much to anyone. I don't necessarily feel comfortable around most people at school besides Frank, Rian, and Jon. We're all different in a way but we get each other. Sure, we do fight a lot, but it usually involves Frank and something he doesn't agree with. I really do appreciate them despite what they might think. They're all I have and besides, I do love them even if they believe I'm just with them because I have no one else. Jon and Rian are already at the entrance by the time I arrive. Frank, however, I'm not too sure about his current whereabouts.

"Morning Peter," Jon says in an overly cheery voice. He's always been a morning person which I could never understand. Today he seems especially enthusiastic which is confusing as Rian isnt making much of an effort to give in to a conversation with either of us.

Nonetheless, I greet them both with a toothy grin. Rian is sitting on a bench on his laptop, ignoring both my greeting and Jon's presence. It's not like him to be so silent but in a way, it's safe to assume that even the best of us have our bad days. Frank seems to be running late to school again since he hasn't been around us yet. Jon, Rian, and I all know exactly what's going on with him. He's been hanging around Gerard again. Its not at all surprising since Frank has always talked about his immense crush on Gee. It's too obvious how much he admires him. And we all think the feeling is mutual but neither of them have confirmed anything so we tend to just go with the latter.