As The Ghost Of You Hangs Over My Bed

Sometimes I wonder why we really are put on this world. What is our purpose? It's a surprisingly easy question. Every single person is here for a reason. Some find their purpose sooner than others. Nonetheless, it all follows a similar formula.

We are put on this Earth to find our own meaning.

Yet, it was so hard for me to find mine. Sure, I am only 17. I have many years left to live. Well, if I even live that long.

As morbid as it sounds, we never know when we're gonna die. But if that's the case, why are we so hesitant to do things? As someone once told me, you have to live every day as it comes. That's what I do these days.

We are all capable of making positive changes in our lives whenever. We can all say what we want when we can. Yet we stay silent?

People are complex. We don't follow any specific guidelines. We are just there for the sake of being there. Sure, some of us act on impulse and then regret our actions years later.

But know this: Everything happens for a reason.

It isn't meant to sound deep since it is very true. When I was about 7 years old, I was getting beat up by a kid, who we all know as Bert Mckracken. I never wanted that to happen, but if it didn't, maybe I wouldn't even know Frank Iero. Much less be friends with him.

He stood up for me and punched Bert twice as hard. Though, he moved away and pursued his film career after he graduated, we all still disliked him. Not to mention, Gee and Bert dated for a year when we Gerard was a Sophomore.

Frank didn't take the news too well and pretty much cried for 3 months about how lonely he was.

Bert moved to New York 2 years ago and the rest is history.

And that ladies and gentlemen, is why I am sitting on Mikey Way's couch, drinking a caprisun. Granted, we became friends when I was about 11 when we both realized that we had a lot in common.

Frank was upstairs with Gee doing... unholy things. And I was eating all of Mikey's food.

That being said, Frank and I were both eating things in the Way residence.

"Any plans for today Mikes?" He ponders this for a moment before he just shrugs. I frown in his direction as I continue drinking his caprisun.

"I can't listen to them any longer. Want to head out with me?" Mikey says after he hears his brother screaming. I nod quickly as I throw away my drink. We both head for the door, closing it behind us.

"Where to Michael?" I say as he rolls his eyes and laughs with me. It's a thing we do. We're both probably the only people who don't call each other by our full names. We make fun of it since we call each other by our nicknames.

"I didn't think that through actually, let's just walk around or something," he says with an unsure look on his face. "Everything is more fun when you don't know where you're going I guess."

I nod and we both start walking down the street. Silence. If there's one thing I hated, it was lack of noise. I cleared my throat before speaking up.

"So, uh, any plans for summer?" Mikey laughs at my attempt at small talk. He shakes his head. Dammit.

"God, we just started the year and you're already thinking of that?" I shrug before smiling a little. I curse Jon in my head for always making me subconsciously ask the same stupid questions he asks.